Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Wireless > DSL-AC88U  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Adsl upload with and without qos New Topic
MoodyDreamer
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:10/3/2017 4:47:00 PM # 1
In this scenario: i configure the qos rules for web browsing, port 1935 (rtmp) for streming (on twitch.tv) and online game (league of legends). After a few seconds or minutes the stream has lag (the program used for streaming signals an insufficient bandwidth) and web browsing is impossible but the game does not affect the problem. If you disable streaming, everything is back to work.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
UK Sentinel
Level :
Tech Points : 420
Posted:10/4/2017 1:19:00 AM # 2
If QoS is disabled, does it all work as expected?

I believe the QoS for the DSL-AC88U does not work particularly well and make sure you are running the latest firmware and try again also?

------------------

DSL-AC88U beta firmware Build455 now available, with following 5GHz band 4 channel issue fixed.

-          Fixed 5GHz band some channels missing on UI issue, in certain case.

DSL-AC88U_v9.10.04_build455.zip

https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/s/FC775F891E0640AA85BB6194D95BD82BY

------------------

UK Sentinel

MoodyDreamer
Level :
Posted:10/6/2017 9:48:00 AM # 3
Tested with the build455 and the problem remains, without qos all the traffic are slowed, from games to web browsing. The broadcom BCM63138 has big adsl problems making it unusable, asus should not sell this modem as adsl.

UK Sentinel
Level :
Posted:10/6/2017 1:58:00 PM # 4

Quote:
Author: MoodyDreamer Posted: 10/6/2017 9:48:00 AM

Tested with the build455 and the problem remains, without qos all the traffic are slowed, from games to web browsing. The broadcom BCM63138 has big adsl problems making it unusable, asus should not sell this modem as adsl.

I know Babis3g also had ADSL issues with this unit, but I thought ASUS had resolved it, hopefully Babis3g will see this thread and advise if ADSL issue etc.

Good to know QoS was not problem

UK Sentinel

babis3g
Level :
Tech Points : 1472
Posted:10/6/2017 3:13:00 PM # 5
The issues i had after a disconnection is been fixed for me long time ago ... if i get disconnection, now it connects back normal as should ...

But regarding stability i think is not just Asus, in general the latest broadcom adsl/vdsl are not as stable like the older adsl only modems ... it seems to me broadcom take care more the vdsl, vectoring, 35b
I say this because i have other manufacturers using broadcom adsl/vdsl all in one & have same issue with my poor line

How ever at all cases, if i enable stability adjustment to higher snr target, there is not such issue (from 9 db default from isp, set manually by me to 11 or 12 db)

I Do Not Work for Asus... Thanks
MoodyDreamer
Level :
Posted:10/6/2017 7:35:00 PM # 6
I set the snr from 9 to 13,15 and 30, started the stream with obs, it works for a few seconds then retracts the problem. Cyclicly the problem comes back, windows reports the right upload (800kbs), the router reports the right upload (800kbs), but the twitch server signals only 265kb. The times when the problem is present are greater than the time when everything works.

babis3g
Level :
Tech Points : 1472
Posted:10/6/2017 8:47:00 PM # 7
maybe is better if you send feedback form (administration>feedback) because not sure with qos enabled if indeed issue, i will inform regarding your case .. but check if issue with server? no issue with upload in my case even qos enabled or disabled

EDIT
did you check if are too many crc errors or try change an other dsl filter

I Do Not Work for Asus... Thanks
MoodyDreamer
Level :
Posted:10/6/2017 10:29:00 PM # 8
No problem with the server, using a 30 euro modem everything works. You have to try a constant upload on the tpc 1935 port. Another issue, the bandwidth limit, works only with external modem on the wan port, with the built-in modem assign 0 bandwidth or 100 makes no difference. The problem is cyclically even with an external modem, but it lasts less, and everything goes back to work in a few seconds. I have sent feedback through the specific module, at this point the problem is not qos. The choice of the broadcom BCM63138 was wrong and was already known by the netgear d7000.

MoodyDreamer
Level :
Posted:10/7/2017 12:47:00 AM # 9
I'm doing a test with the external modem on the wan port (dlink 2740b), 2 videos on youtube at 720p, a stream in upload that occupies 90% of bandwidth, and i'm playing league of legends: videos on youtube fluids , the upload stream has sporadic bandwidth problems of a few seconds, the game has no ping increases. All this is possible thanks to asus qos, without, the dlink would lag in everything. It could be the modem or the switch or the drivers, i do not know, i just know that asus sold me something that does not work and i think i'll go to the rt version, obviously claiming the reimbursement of what i spent. I will never buy more broadcom modems.

UK Sentinel
Level :
Posted:10/7/2017 1:21:00 AM # 10
Babis3g, alas I am on VDSL with my DSL-AC88U, does your DSL-AC88U on ADSL have issues with speed, or buffer bloat, etc?

UK Sentinel

1 2 3 4  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.