Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Wireless > DSL-AC88U  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Adsl upload with and without qos New Topic
babis3g
Level :
Tech Points : 1472
Posted:10/7/2017 1:54:00 AM # 11
no issues of buffering or slow web pages etc (with qos enable or disable) but i am with broadcom modem & broadcom dslam (if matters) ... apart i have to lower snr target (by the modem, but this is with almost any other modem, due to my bad line)
Maybe the OP is with infineon or conexant dslam?

I would say to send his feedback to asus reagarding the broadcom chipset before return it

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
I Do Not Work for Asus... Thanks
UK Sentinel
Level :
Tech Points : 420
Posted:10/7/2017 2:17:00 AM # 12
>Thanks Babis3g for info

@MoodyDreamer - do you know what Exchange your are on?>
>UK Sentinel

MoodyDreamer
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:10/7/2017 2:40:00 AM # 13
No buffering and bufferbloat, only this problem. My dslam is broadcom. I'm in Italy and I took the uk version on amazon.uk. it was a serious mistake, thinking that the BCM63138 used by Asus was newer and trouble-free.

UK Sentinel
Level :
Posted:10/7/2017 2:57:00 AM # 14
Understood - if/when you send feedback , and if ASUS respond, it would be good for us all to see what they say as others may have same issues as yourself ;-)

UK Sentinel

MoodyDreamer
Level :
Posted:10/7/2017 3:23:00 AM # 15
For now no update by asus, according to you how many people do streaming using this modem in adsl mode?  This issue does not concern anyone and will never be solved for a few users. Now I'm saturating the bandwidth with a upload on google drive, and loading web pages randomly, the browser does not return dns error or else. If you do not test on port 1935 you will never see this error.

UK Sentinel
Level :
Posted:10/7/2017 3:31:00 AM # 16
>ASUS DSL Team will treat both ADSL and VDSL issues with the same priority.>
>Does the name VFAST mean anything to you?

>UK Sentinel

MoodyDreamer
Level :
Posted:10/7/2017 3:42:00 AM # 17
I have no doubt about asus work, but in my case the modem is useless because nothing works if I stream and can not wait months for a possible solution. I warned asus and is aware of this problem, but I need a working modem. I do not know what VFAST is.

babis3g
Level :
Posted:10/7/2017 5:01:00 AM # 18
Not saying to back up Asus or broadcom...

Perhaps / unless i miss understand something ... i am watching right now twitch tv with adsl & browsing & downloading a ftp archive 1GB, at same time for testing ... no issues of buffering so far (currently only me using the internet but the line is downloading at max)  ...
I also tried (unless i did wrong) to add port forward at 1935 ... & qos is enable ( i have set my pc to highest priority 100% for upload)... using lan port 1
this is with latest beta build457 (not posted yet public) but i guess is not the beta
However not playing game

Are you resetting the modem via the back reset button after firmware update? & all settings back from the begin manually? (no use of back up file)

Latest public beta is here post 120
https://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20170317205944707&board_id=11&model=DSL-AC88U&SLanguage=en-us&page=12

Have you tried an other lan port? or is via wifi?

EDIT
Once i start upload a heavy file everything slowed down, but i guess is not enough bandwidth with adsl???

MoodyDreamer
Level :
Posted:10/7/2017 5:19:00 AM # 19
Thanks for the time you are devoting to this problem, babis3g does not need to open port 1935 because it is outbound, so you've "sent" a stream on twitch.tv using the obs program without having any problems ?. I've tried everything.

babis3g
Level :
Posted:10/7/2017 5:36:00 AM # 20
i have edit my upper post ...

while downloading & browsing & watching twitch tv, no issue so far ...

once i start upload a large file ... everything slowed down ... but i guess for adsl the upload is so little ...
so do you think is the broadcom modem? ... because i remember when i had cable connection (back in UK) with 10mbps up & 100 mbps down & when was uploading large files (i remember at you tube) still all line slowed down using heavy upload

i will test some other qos rules & also with an other Asus modem no broadcom , but later

At dsl settings page ... set manually adsl2+, annex A/L ... Try disable SRA & enable vectoring / G.Vector (even if you have adsl)

First  Prev  1 2 3 4  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.