Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Wireless > RT-AC3100  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Latest Firmware bricks RT-AC3100 New Topic
fischmanr
Level :
Tech Points : 5
Posted:8/31/2017 10:36:00 AM # 1
>My RT-AC3100 upgraded to the latest firmware today (3.0.0.4.382.15850).  After a reboot, the power light, 2Ghz and 5Ghz lights game on.  And the WAN light was flashing pink.  The LAN light never came on.>
>I ended up having to put the router into rescue mode and restore the previous version of the firmware to get it to work.  >
>ANyone have any luck with the newest firmware?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Kordrek
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:8/31/2017 10:47:00 AM # 2
I have the same problem. I went to Best Buy to get it replaced. I came home, upgraded the firmware again and it did the same thing.>

MattUF
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:8/31/2017 12:24:00 PM # 3
I also had the same problem. Restored to rescue mode and had the same result TWICE with new firmware (15850). The third time I rolled back to 7743 and the router seems stable again.

UK Sentinel
Level :
Tech Points : 383
Posted:8/31/2017 2:08:00 PM # 4
I will ask to pull this firmware from the update list, as a few users are having issues.

Update: ASUS have been advised and are looking into issues

UK Sentinel

nokiam
Level :
Tech Points : 37
Posted:9/1/2017 12:04:00 PM # 5
I had the same problem, with the new update, I sent a feedback to asus, and they managed to partially solve my problem, I downloaded the router again and it worked, but these other problems continue, besides making the router page very slow, the menu system disappears in Google Crome, in addition to the system to ignore fast configuration, is forced to put SSD in the WIFI, before registering login and password in the router ... And this is annoying, because I want to go straight without having to to do this, and it does not allow to enter the system in how much I did not do this same clicking on ignore it will not ...

nokiam
Level :
Posted:9/1/2017 12:05:00 PM # 6

Quote:
Author: fischmanr Posted: 8/31/2017 10:36:00 AM

>My RT-AC3100 upgraded to the latest firmware today (3.0.0.4.382.15850).  After a reboot, the power light, 2Ghz and 5Ghz lights game on.  And the WAN light was flashing pink.  The LAN light never came on.>
>I ended up having to put the router into rescue mode and restore the previous version of the firmware to get it to work.  >
>ANyone have any luck with the newest firmware?

I had the same problem, with the new update, I sent a feedback to asus, and they managed to partially solve my problem, I downloaded the router again and it worked, but these other problems continue, besides making the router page very slow, the menu system disappears in Google Crome, in addition to the system to ignore fast configuration, is forced to put SSD in the WIFI, before registering login and password in the router ... And this is annoying, because I want to go straight without having to to do this, and it does not allow to enter the system in how much I did not do this same clicking on ignore it will not ...

UK Sentinel
Level :
Posted:9/1/2017 2:17:00 PM # 7
I have just heard from ASUS that Firmware version 3.0.0.4.382.15850 for the RT-AC3100 - will be replaced later today, but will take a couple of days for the servers to synch - FW Version 3.0.0.4.382_15852-g29e317b

UK Sentinel

fischmanr
Level :
Tech Points : 5
Posted:9/1/2017 8:58:00 PM # 8
New firmware was downloaded and installed successfully.  Problem appears to be resolved

nokiam
Level :
Posted:9/1/2017 11:10:00 PM # 9

Quote:
Author: fischmanr Posted: 9/1/2017 8:58:00 PM

New firmware was downloaded and installed successfully.  Problem appears to be resolved

Friends, I was forced to go back to version 3.0.0.4.380.7743, because the 15850 and 15852 are showing a lot of BUGS, both in the router page and in the browsers, besides being very slow loading of the pages, I was forced by the Both of the errors to regress to vesao 7743, ASUS instead of fixing the BUGS INCLUDED more BUGS ... The system is still now presenting another BUG, ​​in the right corner where it says the WIFI connections, it shows a 60Ghtz connection, as this is possible, this can be more a BUG of ASUS engineering, I do not know how ASUS is leaving Pass all these errors, my ROUTER reboot from nowhere and introduced that BUG in the Router page. Another BUG on the system on the ROUTER PAGINA, where it shows INTERNET STATUS, appears verifying connection, and no longer connected, these BUGS are getting COMPLICATED ... This is surreal, but I'm being forced to go back to Version 3.0.0.4.380.7743, because the 15850 and later in 24 hours version 15852, neither one solved one of the problems I presented, as long as all the problems Which were included after the version 15850 and 15852, I will not install, because to many and many errors, when solving the BUGS the engineers of ASUS, included more BUGS, instead of tidying up, even worse ... The ROUTER presents the same problem of loading the BROWSER pages in GOOGLE CROME as in MICROSOFT EDGE, also slow loading of the page of the ROUTER, where it needs to do the configuration, it presents BUGS in the INTERFACE of the ROUTER SYSTEM using GOOGLE CROME, BUGS also in the option IGNORE FAST INTERNET SETTINGS "where it prevents me from ignoring, making me be required to enter a WIFI ID" so that I can do the most detailed ROUTER configuration, I can not go straight to LOGIN and PASSWORD, because, as it has been said, it forces me to ENTER A WIFI NAME, there are several problems of loading the interface, as well as loading the pages of the browsers ... 

UK Sentinel
Level :
Posted:9/1/2017 11:14:00 PM # 10
@nokiam - is it worth trying a factory reset and build from scratch (not backup) and see if issues remain?

UK Sentinel

1 2 3  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.