Forum  
  Topic : [Sharing]Asus dsl ac88u Firmwares New Topic
babis3g
Level :
Tech Points : 1448
Posted:3/23/2017 4:37:00 PM # 11
Hi, Chester no feedback received yet, thanks

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Advice/Tips given are from my own experience & Not from Asus Support...I Do Not Work for Asus... Thanks
Cheesus
Level :
Tech Points : 46
Posted:3/23/2017 5:54:00 PM # 12
Hi Babis>
>Had to roll back to using my old router so no opportunity to use the feedback method that you mentioned.>
>Main issue (other than the known IPTV bug) is the VDSL connection reporting.>
>On my DSL-AC68U my line reports that it is ANNEX A and connected Fastpath in both directions.>
>On the DSL-AC88U my line reports that it is ANNEX B and connected Interleave in both directions with an interleave depth of 16 on the downstream.>
>The line is either ANNEX A (probably) or ANNEX B but it can't be both.>
>Ping rates on both router connections are less than 10ms. Past experience of interleave on my line has resulted in ping rates of 14 - 20ms minimum. So seems unlikely that connection actually is interleaved.>
>Hope that helps.

babis3g
Level :
Posted:3/23/2017 8:54:00 PM # 13

Quote:
Author: Chester Posted: 3/23/2017 5:54:00 PM

Hi Babis>
>Had to roll back to using my old router so no opportunity to use the feedback method that you mentioned.>
>Main issue (other than the known IPTV bug) is the VDSL connection reporting.>
>On my DSL-AC68U my line reports that it is ANNEX A and connected Fastpath in both directions.>
>On the DSL-AC88U my line reports that it is ANNEX B and connected Interleave in both directions with an interleave depth of 16 on the downstream.>
>The line is either ANNEX A (probably) or ANNEX B but it can't be both.>
>Ping rates on both router connections are less than 10ms. Past experience of interleave on my line has resulted in ping rates of 14 - 20ms minimum. So seems unlikely that connection actually is interleaved.>
>Hope that helps.
Will say my opinion (if helps) but i can be wrong

This modem how works the stats, always mention interleaved (no matter if is fast path or interleaved)
To find out if you are on fast path look at interleaved depth at system log>dsl log
1 is definitely fast path with adsl ... not sure with vdsl values such 4,8,16,32,64 & up to 254 if are fast or interleaved, to me with vdsl seems fast ... other experts can advise on this

http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q631/babis3g/interleaved_zpscx6q6oaa.png

On my DSL-AC68U my line reports that it is ANNEX A and connected Fastpath in both directions

It could be if match the dslam, maybe is getting correct algorithms or if is matching your dslam maybe it works perfect? to run both fast path, seems positive to me (if the info from the modem are correct)

There is case Asus provide debug tool to find out if the line is so good with this modem, or is a modem bug

On the DSL-AC88U my line reports that it is ANNEX B and connected Interleave in both directions with an interleave depth of 16 on the downstream

For vdsl it does not matter the annex mode ... what is reporting is the vdsl band plan, as far i know most EU countries using annex B, so seems correct to me (again if debugging tool provided by Asus should show)

interleaved depth 16 seems to me very good, i have seen other users with 512 / 1000+ / 2000+ ... & over

The line is either ANNEX A (probably) or ANNEX B but it can't be both.

Again i think is the band plan ... annex A line yes because as far i know that is what they use in UK, but with vdsl band plan B, seems correct

Next week if you try the firmware for iptv, send a feedback with your issues, they should help, thanks

Advice/Tips given are from my own experience & Not from Asus Support...I Do Not Work for Asus... Thanks
Cheesus
Level :
Posted:3/23/2017 9:04:00 PM # 14
Hi Babis>
>My point is consistency. Both products from Asus part of the same family of DSL routers with same look and feel of interface. One says Annex A the other Annex B on the same line. Similarly one says Fastpath the other says Interleaved on the same line. >
>Functionally both connect at almost exactly the same speed and have similar ping rates. >
>To me it makes sense to have the DSL log reporting line stats in a consistent manner.>
>Once the IPTV bug is fixed I will move back to the DSL-AC88U and report any further issues directly. >
>Thanks for your help :-)

babis3g
Level :
Posted:3/23/2017 9:19:00 PM # 15

Quote:
Author: Chester Posted: 3/23/2017 9:04:00 PM

Hi Babis>
>My point is consistency. Both products from Asus part of the same family of DSL routers with same look and feel of interface. One says Annex A the other Annex B on the same line. Similarly one says Fastpath the other says Interleaved on the same line. >
>Functionally both connect at almost exactly the same speed and have similar ping rates. >
>To me it makes sense to have the DSL log reporting line stats in a consistent manner.>
>Once the IPTV bug is fixed I will move back to the DSL-AC88U and report any further issues directly. >
>Thanks for your help :-)

Hi, again, next time go at this page
http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q631/babis3g/dslam%20report_zpsfef5sskf.png

See what dslam vendor is reporting ... if is broadcom, i will trust the dsl ac88 because is a broadcom based as well & should match perfect the dslam
If the other modem reporting annex A and is the HH or eci, usually they are lantiq based, so personal i think the asus ac88 is more correct because is broadcom based as well (under normal conditions)  ... but it could be modem bug

If it is mention Lantiq or Infineon, yes there is a case the dsl ac88 to report wrong (in my opinion)
I mean on the dsl part it should be more accurate because is a broadcom based & broadcom has sell successfully too many isp,s modem including the huawei 612 by OR

Again my opinion is theory .. when you get in touch with Asus, should explain better & if there is issue, thanks

babis3g
Level :
Posted:3/24/2017 3:31:00 AM # 16
EDIT / ADD
Just noticed you are saying both Asus ... if you mean the dsl ac68 or any other model (apart the dsl ac87vg) are mediatek ... are many cases is reporting annex A for vdsl lines and should be annex B ... i am sure the dsl ac88 is more accurate over the dsl ac68, due to broadcom dsl chipset

babis3g
Level :
Posted:3/24/2017 3:54:00 PM # 17
i have update ... Asus noticed the topic and got the answer ...

id="yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1490340962121_25387">

Please inform customer NO need to worry about Annex mode display, due to these two models based on different chipset solution, output differs, it doesn’t matter and would not cause any stability/connection issue.

id="yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1490340962121_25396">

As for the interleaved concern, seems proper value not displayed should be Fastpath, will look into it. Thanks.

Cheesus
Level :
Posted:3/24/2017 5:23:00 PM # 18
Thanks Babis, great to get some answers. Looks like it was worth reporting as one of them seems to be a genuine bug.>
>BTW to answer your previous question the cabinet I connect to is Broadcom.

j0hn83
Level :
Tech Points : 38
Posted:3/29/2017 5:05:00 PM # 19
The problem is the useless DSL-AC68U incorrectly reports Annex A, and incorrectly reports fastpath when G.INP is active.>
>It's the fault of the Mediatek chipset. The DSL-AC88U with its Broadcom chipset reports every stat correctly.>
>Asus already know this, but don't care. They haven't fixed a single issue with the  DSL chipset, only firmware bugs.

UK Sentinel
Level :
Tech Points : 388
Posted:3/31/2017 7:18:00 PM # 20
>ASUS have just let me know that ASUSWRT DSL-AC88U firmware version firmware v1.10.00_build350 will be available on there support site/live update server probably later today/tomorrow.>
>Telnet is Blocked, so they say.>
>Changelog and please do not shoot the messenger.>
>

-          DSL driver/Datapump updated - A2x026p/Combo version A2pvfbH043g.

-          Fixed Xbox One NAT type detection issue.

-          Fixed OpenVPN client cannot connect to Perfect Privacy VPN service issue.

-          Disable G.INP when UK > Sky - Fibre Broadband (for VDSL2) or SKY (MER) (for ADSL) options selected via QIS.

-          Change DHCP options to match with DSL-AC68U design for UK ISP Sky Broadband.

-          Correct the condition of DHCP option 61 for UK ISP Sky Broadband.

-          Support fullcone NAT in ipatbles.

-          Increase Static Route list limit from 20 to 32.

-          Fixed PPP dial on demand failed to work issue.

-          Added "Max Limit” information for VPN client.

-          Increase Network Service Filter Table limit from 10 to 32.

-          Support modemlog.txt to download USB dongle information via 3ginfo.sh.

-          Change default language to "EN" if the first language of Accept-Language in browser does not match lang_map list, was “DE“.

-          Fixed the UI display issue if the detected language not in the language menu list.

-          Binding IGMP proxy to PTM interface for UK ISP Plusnet IPTV paid service.

-          Fixed Download Master check update failed via update server.

-          Redirect UI access from xxx.asp to xxx.htm.

-          USB Apps related enhancements.

UK Sentinel

First  Prev  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ...  Next  Last
:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.