Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Wireless > DSL-AC88U  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Sharing]Asus dsl ac88u Firmwares New Topic
turb-z
Level :
Tech Points : 31
Posted:9/26/2017 1:20:00 AM # 121
>my issues are once set up from reset all ok but then wifi stops working and no device are able to connect back to 2.4 or 5ghz so if I reboot wifi is back to normal but Ethernet stops working and ui will display a grey screen something in the line as router settings have changed. only a reset to factory regains Ethernet. is this the similar issue everyone's been having and this is what this release is fixing?>thanks  

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
turb-z
Level :
Posted:9/26/2017 1:23:00 AM # 122
>double post

turb-z
Level :
Posted:9/26/2017 1:45:00 AM # 123
>hi my issue is once setup from reset wifi works ok then wifi stops working and no devices will connect to 2.4 or 5ghz if I reboot wifi returns to normal and device's connect but this time Ethernet stops working if I try to log in web ui I get grey screen and message something like router settings have been changed and only a factory reset will regain Ethernet. is this the same issue everyones been having with wifi and this release is fixing it?>thanks 

babis3g
Level :
Tech Points : 1447
Posted:9/26/2017 3:14:00 AM # 124

Quote:
Author: turb-z Posted: 9/26/2017 1:45:00 AM

>hi my issue is once setup from reset wifi works ok then wifi stops working and no devices will connect to 2.4 or 5ghz if I reboot wifi returns to normal and device's connect but this time Ethernet stops working if I try to log in web ui I get grey screen and message something like router settings have been changed and only a factory reset will regain Ethernet. is this the same issue everyones been having with wifi and this release is fixing it?>thanks 

I am not sure ... what firmware is this with the issue?
Try the latest build 455 if helps (a reset is a must after this update) & if same issue, try to give at all of your devices, static ip (lan > dhcp server > manually assigned ip)

Advice/Tips given are from my own experience & Not from Asus Support...I Do Not Work for Asus... Thanks
turb-z
Level :
Posted:9/26/2017 3:37:00 AM # 125

Quote:
Author: babis3g Posted: 9/26/2017 3:14:00 AM

Quote:
Author: turb-z Posted: 9/26/2017 1:45:00 AM

I am not sure ... what firmware is this with the issue?
Try the latest build 455 if helps (a reset is a must after this update) & if same issue, try to give at all of your devices, static ip (lan > dhcp server > manually assigned ip)
this has been the same issue with all releases and have not been able to use this router since I brought it back in april. ive not tried 455 and really not expecting it to work either.

babis3g
Level :
Posted:9/26/2017 4:11:00 AM # 126

Quote:
Author: turb-z Posted: 9/26/2017 3:37:00 AM

Quote:
this has been the same issue with all releases and have not been able to use this router since I brought it back in april. ive not tried 455 and really not expecting it to work either.

I would say to try latest build & then reset, if still issue try set static ip

For redirect page try this one if also helps

http://192.168.1.1/index.htm

If still issue with latest build & then reset, see post #2 here

https://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20170914025719059&board_id=11&model=DSL-AC88U&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

Finaly send feedback form (administration >feedback) to see if you need replacement

Advice/Tips given are from my own experience & Not from Asus Support...I Do Not Work for Asus... Thanks
turb-z
Level :
Posted:9/26/2017 6:39:00 AM # 127

Quote:
Author: babis3g Posted: 9/26/2017 4:11:00 AM

Quote:
Author: turb-z Posted: 9/26/2017 3:37:00 AM

Quote:

I would say to try latest build & then reset, if still issue try set static ip

For redirect page try this one if also helps

http://192.168.1.1/index.htm

If still issue with latest build & then reset, see post #2 here

https://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20170914025719059&board_id=11&model=DSL-AC88U&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

Finaly send feedback form (administration >feedback) to see if you need replacement
hi I will give 455 a try but from that post you have linked my wifi don't disappear the wifi is visible on both 2.4 and 5ghz just cant connect it 

turb-z
Level :
Posted:9/26/2017 8:43:00 AM # 128
>@babis3g>Try the latest build 455 if helps (a reset is a must after this update) & if same issue, try to give at all of your devices, static ip (lan > dhcp server > manually assigned ip)>
>this seems to allow devices to connect now but throughput is week. also looks like dhcp is useless I just noticed that only 1 Samsung device can be connected with dhcp at one time. two s7 edges and a s8 plus in my house hold and now connected by assigning ip manually. this should not need to be done by me and should work without a problem. dhcp issues have not been fixed and still broken.

NoFixedAddress
Level :
Tech Points : 159
Posted:9/27/2017 3:54:00 PM # 129
Anyone else having trouble with their forum account? I couldn't log in for several days due to "invalid username/password", so today I reset my password and was then able to login (?), but now when I click 'edit my profile' on left of screen so I can update my post signature below, I just get redirected to https://account.asus.com/info.aspx and can't find anywhere to update it. Anyone else?

imgur.com/a/wkIr0 for fuller detail - I am an Australian DSL-AC88U public tester volunteer but otherwise have no association to Asus. Forum contributions are purely my own opinions. New setup/stats: Asus DSL-AC88U /w Broadcom chipset running firmware v9.10.03 build441 - Internode Naked ADSL2+ unlimited data AU$69.99 monthly - Agile Ericsson DSLAM at Waymouth Adelaide CBD exchange (100/40 NBN from Dec 2017!) in South Australia with an estimated 1200m cable length from exchange to premises - shielded CAT6 cabling professionally wired from MDF to first in-line phone socket - shielded CAT6 cabling from RJ11 wall socket to RJ11 modem socket via Monster HDP 850G Power Center RJ11 surge protection - 3dB SNR "Annex A Very High Speed" line profile enabled on ISP end with stability adjustment disabled on modem end - PPPoE LLC - 19500kbps/1320kbps data sync rate and 20000kbps/1330kbps max sync rate from 21dB/14dB attenuation with low error counts and no DSL sync dropouts.
babis3g
Level :
Posted:9/27/2017 4:47:00 PM # 130

Quote:
Author: turb-z Posted: 9/26/2017 8:43:00 AM

>@babis3g>Try the latest build 455 if helps (a reset is a must after this update) & if same issue, try to give at all of your devices, static ip (lan > dhcp server > manually assigned ip)>
>this seems to allow devices to connect now but throughput is week. also looks like dhcp is useless I just noticed that only 1 Samsung device can be connected with dhcp at one time. two s7 edges and a s8 plus in my house hold and now connected by assigning ip manually. this should not need to be done by me and should work without a problem. dhcp issues have not been fixed and still broken.

Thanks for reporting ... well is not much i can do, rather to give suggest some steps if will work better ... send feedback & report the issues with new beta, i will point your post now

Is strange, i do not have the issues mentioned ... an other suggestion is to load one more time same firmware & reset again if helps

Also at wifi

wifi > general > set bandwidth at 20 mhz if you have adsl, 40 if you have vdsl
at professional all settings below reducing usb 3:0 interface (such beamforming, fairness etc) disable them for testing ( i suspect if devises not support these feature to conflict)
Modulation scheme set it to lower values example MCS to 7
Both for 2,4 & 5G

First  Prev  ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.