ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Wireless > RT-AC66U  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]5GHz not working New Topic
fredrik
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:1/24/2016 4:38:00 AM # 1
5GHz has stopped working on my AC66U.
Tried both ASUS firmware and Merlin, full resets between.

Settings dialogs looks ok, except for channel which claims current chanel is 0.
WPS settings for 5GHz tells me to go to advanced settings to enable 5GHz radio, but it is enabled.

Screenshots of relevant parts of web UI:
http://tempuri.org/tempuri.html

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
BTech10
Level :
Posted:1/24/2016 11:05:00 AM # 2
I have this exact same problem. I have one router set up as an Access Point for my main Wireless Router (both are ASUS RT-AC66U units) and suddenly the router stopped broadcasting in 5GHz as of this morning. I was using a Chromecast on the 5GHz channel from the unit last night, and this morning it's no longer working.>
>I logged into the router to check out the settings, but everything says it's broadcasting and the radios are enabled. Even the light is on saying that the unit is broadcasting on 5GHz. The only weird thing is that it says the current control channel is 0.>
>Both of my units have the latest firmware installed on them (v3.0.0.4.378_9313-g53ab20f) and I bought them last month new, so they don't have any wear and tear. I also tried to power cycle the unit multiple times to no effect.>
>I've also confirmed that my systems can see the 5GHz signal coming from my main wireless router, so the clients aren't lying either. I've used the WiFi Analyzer tool on my phone to verify that no 5G signal is coming from the device, so I'm at a loss for what else to try.

dmanz
Level :
Posted:1/25/2016 12:29:00 PM # 3
I have the exact same problem just happen today. Anybody knows what's up?>
>Well I did a hard reset and it fixed my issue. Also apparently it downgraded me to firmware 3.0.0.4.378_9313

Mars
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:1/26/2016 1:00:00 AM # 4
It also stopped today on my RT-AC87U. WTF is going on? I have spent the last few hours trying to figure out what is going on. I even downgraded the firmware and still the same issue. When I visit the router page I cannot change any settings for wireless.

thermogenic
Level :
Posted:1/27/2016 3:45:00 AM # 5
Stopped for me today on my RT-AC66U. I'm just going to buy a different router, tired of all the broken firmware for this device. I noticed in the system log that the driver may have failed to load properly.

thermogenic
Level :
Posted:1/28/2016 12:53:00 PM # 6
I downgraded to 3.0.0.4.378_9313 and did a factory reset and 5Ghz is working again. What a pain in the butt.

BTech10
Level :
Posted:2/1/2016 6:20:00 AM # 7
Just tried a factory reset. Router is now using v3.0.0.4.378_9313-g53ab20, and it works like it was before.>
>Guess the new firmware is buggy?

renderman
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:2/9/2016 4:19:00 AM # 8
I had this problem also, RT ac66u brand new, updated the firmware during first time run, then noticed that a more recent firmware is available, then updated  3.0.0.4.378.9459 (which was the last firmware published). After this, I've noticed that the 5ghz band was not working. Downgraded to all the published firmwares, installed merlin, ddwrt, 30-30-30 reset etc etc etc, everything without success.>Asked for help on asus support then returned the product to the shop and exchanged with a brand new one.  Now I'm runing its stock firmware -3.0.0.4.376_3707 and I have absolutely no problems or plans for updating to buggy firmwares.>It looks that Asus is doing beta-testing on us.

Nagelkerke
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/23/2016 4:17:00 AM # 9
I had the same problem after updating to 3.0.0.4.378.9533.>
>After downgrading to 3.0.0.4.378.9459, everything seems to work again. Seems there is a bug in the latest version.>
>http://www.asus.com/us/Networking/RTAC66U/HelpDesk_Download/

jaygambrel
Level :
Posted:3/30/2016 8:21:00 AM # 10
I had the same problem. Just solved it. Unplugged device, held reset and plugged it back in. Continued to hold reset until power light flashed slowly indicating it is in recovery mode then released reset button.  Waited about one minute. Pushed power button to power off device. Waited 30 seconds then powered back on. Both bands worked normally after that.>
>Jay

1 2 3 4  Next  Last
:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.