Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Wireless > RT-AC66U  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]5GHz not working New Topic
bhups.bhudia
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:8/31/2016 4:19:00 AM # 11
I'm having the same problem which just started yesterday.
All of a sudden, the internet stopped working as the wifi was not giving me any IP.

Rebooted my modem and RT-AC66U router, with no change to result.

Did some tinkering to find I was able to get back online, but the 5G network was not available.

It does not do any scans on that frequency. I've disabled and re-enabled it on the Professional tab with no difference.

I cannot seem to install an older firmware as I have put the latest merlin firmware, but I had not touched the firmware in a long time and the issue with 5G happened all of a sudden.

Very strange.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
zhilong_wang
Level :
Tech Points : 333
Posted:9/2/2016 8:31:00 AM # 12
hi please upgrade to latest official firmware . and check again sincerely Zhilong

snap7B
Level :
Posted:9/21/2016 11:22:00 AM # 13
Currently running Firmware 3.0.0.4.380_4005. Still the same problem with 5G, showing channel 0.  Manual setting channel # doesn't solve the issue.

dcramsey42
Level :
Posted:9/27/2016 9:45:00 AM # 14
I had the same issue. I honestly just did a router reboot from the web interface a few times and it magically turned on again. Seems like a weird bug. Good luck to all of you!

Xentrk
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:10/4/2016 4:01:00 PM # 15
I have two RT-AC88U's at my house. I purchased another one for a school I do some volunteer work for.  I set it up on Saturday and noticed the 5 Ghz channel was not working and the LED was off. I validated my settings with my other two routers that work. There are no differences.  I then updated to the latest firmware and followed by a factory reset.  The light came back on. But even though the 5 ghz radio button is clicked on, the 5 Ghz channel does not work. I then updated to the latest Merlin Build 380.62.  This made it worse. Now, the 5 ghz light does not come on at all. I can only select channel 0 for the 5 ghz channel. Before, I would get a drop down list of channels to select from.

I think the next thing I will try is to telnet into the router and wipe the nvram:

mtd-erase2 nvram

Then, reinstall the most recent ASUS stock firmware and see what that does. 

Vitali
Level :
Posted:10/5/2016 11:19:00 AM # 16
If it really is a firmware it is beyond me to understand why Asus have not pulled it yet and no fix was issued. >
>I bought RT-AC88U for my house just a week ago and as of yesterday 5 Ghz no longer works eventhough the light is blinking. Really getting on my nerves. 

Devanb
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:10/12/2016 10:24:00 AM # 17

Quote:
Author: snap7B Posted: 9/21/2016 11:22:00 AM

Currently running Firmware 3.0.0.4.380_4005. Still the same problem with 5G, showing channel 0.  Manual setting channel # doesn't solve the issue.

I am also having the same problem.  Specifically my guest networks are going down sporadically.  The SSID is listed but the users have an authentication problem.  If I reboot the router, it works for a short while.>
>I am using Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.380_4005>
>I have performed a factory reset, and the reconfigured the router manually.  It is functioning as a wireless access point.>
>I plan to downgrade the firmware tomorrow.

Xentrk
Level :
Posted:10/17/2016 8:54:00 PM # 18
I have tried everything I have read on this site in addition to different firmware, multiple hard resets, factory resets, nvram erase command. The 5ghz radio just does not work even though the radio button is set to turn on. In The guest network screen, it says the radio is off. This one is going back to the store tomorrow so I can exchange it for a replacement.

Xentrk
Level :
Posted:10/17/2016 8:54:00 PM # 19
Oh, and I even checked temperatures to make sure that was not a problems. I have two that work great. Third one ended up being a lemon.

Deepak
Level :
Posted:11/30/2016 1:53:00 PM # 20
same problem here. Is there a way to subscribe this topic so that I get updates by email?

First  Prev  1 2 3 4  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.