Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Wireless > RT-AC68U  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]RT-AC68U port forwarding failure New Topic
uwish
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:11/10/2013 1:18:00 PM # 1
I am not new at setting up port forwarding.  I had a Linksys EA4500 for years running 4 IP cameras, NAS and other devices set up with port forwarding.  All working flawlessly, when I got the new 68U because it is the fastest router currently available I set up the port forwarding with the same settings as per my specific devices.

I am NOT able to access ANY of them from outside my LAN.  There is something that this router is doing/not doing that is not allowing the ports to be accessible.  I am running the latest firmware 3.0.0.4.374_339 that was released this month.

If I am not able to get this working I will be returning the router.  Either I am missing something or there is an issue with port forwarding and this firmware...

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Matt
Level :
Tech Points : 5
Posted:11/12/2013 3:09:00 AM # 2
Try going to
 LAN->Switch Settings
Find the >Hardware Accelerator<  set it to Off.
Reset the router.
Now try your port forwarding.

Did this with mine and it got my plex server working at least.  Otherwise it would crash the whole router anytime it tried to establish a connection with the external plex service.

uwish
Level :
Posted:11/12/2013 3:15:00 AM # 3
yup sure enough, that did it! At least I know it now works, Asus really needs to get this sorted out.

cheers!

Matt
Level :
Tech Points : 5
Posted:11/12/2013 3:51:00 AM # 4
Yeah, when I first wrote their support department about it, they suggested I return it for a different unit.  Thought it was a stupid suggestion.  Unless there is some known hardware defect they didnt mention, then it was a roll of the dice whether I'd receive a unit without that defect.  So I'd be out of time and have a general hassle.

So I held on a few more weeks, using it as JUST a router and access point, with no fancy settings.  Then I saw the suggestion about the hardware acceleration option.  It worked for me, and I'm glad it worked for you.

I mean....you spend $200+ on a router with a dual core processor....why would you want to have hardware acceleration in switch performance!?!?

Hopefully the lastest firmware (released 10/7) fixes this.  Or did you have it installed already? I haven't yet installed it.

XenosLoki
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:11/18/2013 4:25:00 AM # 5
I'm having the same problem port forwarding with Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.374_158>Disabling hardware acceleration enabled the work around.>
>But come on ASUS, Fix this! This shouldn't be an issue on a $200+ router.>

kw123
Level :
Tech Points : 4
Posted:11/18/2013 1:56:00 PM # 6
>mine works with and without hardware acceleration, but I am using only one lan port. have a 8 port switch connected.>firmware: 3.0.0.4.374_339-gfa80738>
>

uwish
Level :
Posted:11/20/2013 11:30:00 AM # 7
There is a new firmware just release that is supposed to correct the port forwarding issue with hardware acceleration.  Unfortunately, when I try to download it, 'file not found'

But this is posted under their support site..release on the 19th of Nov.

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.374.371
Fixed:
1. Fixed NAT loopback issue while CTF enabled. Special thanks to Merlin's contribution.
2. Fixed OpenVPN UI related issues.
3. Parental control: Fixed the whole week blocked issues.
4. Enabled WPS button in AP mode.
5. Fixed potencial buffer overflow issues.

Modified:
1. Display WPA2-Enterprise & WPA-AUTO-Enterprise in guest network.
2. Upgrade the MiniDLNA version to 1.1.1
3. Modify the system log information for Time machine .

Added:
1. Malaysia U Mobile information in 3G/4G.

IPv6
1. Performance fix in netlink message processing.
2. Fixed invalid IPv6 hostname parsing resulting from dnsmasq lease file format change.
3. Modified IPv6 address printing UI.
4. Reset IPv6 prefix length for IPv6 Native type

thedirtybird
Level :
Posted:12/19/2013 6:24:00 PM # 8
Just wanted to add that just purchased this router and updated to newest firmware (3.0.0.4.374.371) and I can state that NAT LoopBack is not working.. $200+ router and I can't even access my own email server from within my own network.. Need a proper fix for this ASAP as it is not acceptable.   If you find a workaround let me know.. but it will not work from me internally to access my own stuff (website, emailserver, ventrillo server*wont work even with straight internal IP) from within my own network!!!.. I mean common these are not uncommon tasks that computer people do..  NEED  A FIX or I will be taking back this overpriced black box.  Please respond immediately.. you can email me at service@roadrunnertech.ca  if you have immediate answer.  Note.. I did try turning off hardware acceleration .. but still nothing.. I will do hard reset tomorrow but if this feature does not work it is a killer for me.. its required for my network... and I will have take it back.  Hopefully this can be resolved quickly.

peter.b
Level :
Posted:5/13/2014 12:12:00 AM # 9
Although Port Forwarding generally works a lot better with the latest firmware I still have a similar problem, although this can be solved by disabling NAT Acceleration (the new name for Hardware Acceleration option). >The problem is in accessing my Synology NAS via FTP using my WAN IP address when I am on my local home network.I can connect via FTP, but when I do a directory listing I get a network timeout. >The same FTP function works fine when I access the NAS from outside my home network, and also when I access the NAS via the local home network IP address. >This seems to be a bug in the Port Forwarding function of the Asus RT-AC68U (firmware 3.0.0.4.374_5656) that does not properly handle Passive FTP when the NAS is accessed via the WAN IP address when connected to the local network, when NAT Acceleration is enabled. >I consider this a bug in the Asus router as other routers (D-Link, Linksys) that I have used before do not have this problem, but I'm not sure if those had NAT Acceleration...

mzn50
Level :
Posted:7/6/2014 1:36:00 AM # 10
I am also having the same issue .. I disabled NAT Accel. and still no go ..what da !!!>All my port forwarding was working on previous Router and IPs are correct and I have a Static IP .. any other recommendation ?>Im on  Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.374_5656>
>thanks >Matt>
>
>

1 2 3 4  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.