ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Multimedia > ASUS CUBE with Google TV  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Asus X551CA-SX008D drivers New Topic
Symcy
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:10/23/2013 8:17:00 AM # 1
Hello,>
>first of all I belive that I'm writing that at wrong section, but couldn't find other for laptops/noteboks.>
>So I recently got Asus X551CA notebook, and I can't find drivers for windows7.>On Asus homepage I can only find for windows 8, but those drivers aren't working on my windows7 ... so I would need some advice about that, where to get drivers for my notebook for windows 7.>
>Regards,>Simon

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Kičo
Level :
Posted:11/22/2013 3:22:00 AM # 2
did u find any updates for x551ca, for windows 7? 

Mcduff
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:12/12/2013 11:47:00 PM # 3

OK, a solution that helped me along a lot, should have come from ASUS in the first place, but whatever.

Start button – right-click “computer” – click properties - menu on the left open “Device Manager”. Under “Other Devices” are the devices sometimes named, sometimes not, with the dreaded yellow sign with exclamation mark something is wrong. Right-click on the first, click properties and on the pop-up menu op the details tab. Under property you can open a list of details and click on Hardware ID (mostly the second option).

You will find something like this (copied from my solution, thanks ratedk)  

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_2A59103C&REV_01
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_2A59103C
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&CC_020000
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&CC_0200

The VEN is for vendor, or manufacturer. The DEV is the device. If you search google for these like this:

"10EC 8136", or "10EC 8136 driver"
For example, this is a Realtek RTL8101E/RTL8102E PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller.

End of quote.

Same way, a 8086 code means made by Intel.

With the device name and type you can get the drivers. I try to use only drivers from the manufacturers sites. Try get at least the Ethernet and network controller drivers so you can connect to internet. Once there, you can use windows update and maybe Intel utilities to get the rest of the drivers more easily.   

snakey
Level :
Posted:12/26/2013 8:50:00 PM # 4
Same problem here, bought an Asus X551CA-SX008D laptop, but can't find drivers for Windows 7 64bit. Is there an Asus laptop which is compatible with this model, so I can download those drivers for Windows7 ? Help please. Thanks.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.