SEARCH
ASUS Member ID
Password
Forgot password?
Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Wireless > RT-N66U (VER.B1)  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Asus RT-N66U dropping the lan connection to new LG smart tv New Topic
dannyboyp
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:12/28/2012 1:34:00 AM # 1
Hello>
>I am having major problems with my asus RT-N66U router connecting to my lg smart tv 47LM860V. >
>The router connects and reconnects to the tv in a continuous loop via the Lan(wired connection). The wireless connections are fine and work without problem on both 5G and 2.4G with no such instability.>
>I have tried disabling the DHCP and setting static ip on the lan connection/ factory reset but this does not cure the problem.>
>I have a dlink dir615 that when used in its place i have no problems with dropouts or instability. My ISP is virgin media with a superhub router(netgear) which is in modem mode. I can also use the superhub router from virgin in router mode and connect to my LG Smart T.V 47LM860V via the LAN with no instability at all. The asus router is on the latest firmware and i am connected to  wired devices via cat 5e cabling no more than 2 meters.>
>If  i use the asus as  a router and  connect the dlink dir 615 wan to one of the lan ports of the asus  RT-N66U,  and then connect the Dlink DIR615 to the lg tv ( DIR615 acting as middle man) the connection is stable.>
>With two routers working perfect it seems i have a incompatibility issue between my lg tv and asus router>I really love this router and so want it to work>
>Please assist me in this matter>
>Many thanks>- Danp->
> >
>
>
>

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
KevTech
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 66
Posted:12/28/2012 6:22:00 AM # 2
May have better results using this firmware.

Asuswrt-Merlin

You can flash it right through the GUI.

dannyboyp
Level :
Posted:12/28/2012 8:53:00 AM # 3
Ok thanks Kevtech... sound good but won't this invalidate my warranty??>

KevTech
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 66
Posted:12/28/2012 11:17:00 AM # 4
You can always just flash back to the Asus firmware before RMA.

Wullail
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 85
Posted:12/28/2012 6:50:00 PM # 5
Definately go the Merlin route , I had problems with disconnections using the same setup (ISP too) and switching to Merlins latest (Which has the last known un-bugged wifi code in it instead of the more recent version) has stopped all the disconnection problems for me.>

dannyboyp
Level :
Posted:12/28/2012 8:26:00 PM # 6

Quote:
Author: Wullail Posted: 12/28/2012 6:50:00 PM

Definately go the Merlin route , I had problems with disconnections using the same setup (ISP too) and switching to Merlins latest (Which has the last known un-bugged wifi code in it instead of the more recent version) has stopped all the disconnection problems for me.>

Ok m8... i dont know if was clear in my original post but my wifi is fine, its only the wired ethenet lan connected to my hd tv dropping and reconnecting in a loop...>
>Both routers other than the asus rt-n66u operate fine when connected by the same methods???>
>

RMerlin
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 494
Posted:12/29/2012 3:19:00 AM # 7

Quote:
Author: dannyboyp Posted: 12/28/2012 8:26:00 PM

Quote:

Ok m8... i dont know if was clear in my original post but my wifi is fine, its only the wired ethenet lan connected to my hd tv dropping and reconnecting in a loop...>
>Both routers other than the asus rt-n66u operate fine when connected by the same methods???>
>

Make sure you disable GRO on the LAN -> Switch Control page.  Also make sure that your cables are rated either Cat5e or Cat6 - older Cat5 cables will be unreliable with the gigabit ports of the router (that includes the connection between the modem and the router).>

Custom RT-N16/RT-AC56U/RT-N66U/RT-AC66U firmware: http://www.lostrealm.ca/asuswrt-merlin
dannyboyp
Level :
Posted:12/29/2012 8:20:00 PM # 8
>
>Quote:
Author: RMerlin Posted: 12/29/2012 3:19:00 AM

Quote:
Author: dannyboyp Posted: 12/28/2012 8:26:00 PM

Quote:

>

Make sure you disable GRO on the LAN -> Switch Control page.  Also make sure that your cables are rated either Cat5e or Cat6 - older Cat5 cables will be unreliable with the gigabit ports of the router (that includes the connection between the modem and the router).>

Really appreciate your input guys....>I have tried disabling Gro on the lan and the problem still exists with the wired lan dropping connection/reconnecting loop and my cables are cat5e although i have ordered some cat 6 ones to be on the safe side as i believe these are better shielded as standard. >
>Really strange problem as my laptop connected to the RT-N66U via wired lan does not drop connection???>Only my LG 47LM860V smart tv....>I would normally attribute this to LG firmware on the tv but as previously posted i have connected two different routers from different manufactures via the wired lan and have no problems what so ever

jokeri
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 17
Posted:12/30/2012 2:24:00 AM # 9
just update your firmware from your smart tv and it wil work just fine

dannyboyp
Level :
Posted:12/30/2012 7:35:00 AM # 10
I am on the latest L.G smart T.V firmware and it doe not just work fine...>two of my routers work fine with my t.v, but not the asus rt-n66u
>
>
>
Quote:
Author: jokeri Posted: 12/30/2012 2:24:00 AM

just update your firmware from your smart tv and it wil work just fine

1 2  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: HHC New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.