ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > SABERTOOTH Z77  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]OC Tuner New Topic
Fitch
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 45
Posted:12/19/2012 12:31:00 PM # 1
After running my Sabertooth Z77 for 4 months, I decided to give the OC Tuner option in the bios a try. I'm not normally in to overclocking and have limited knowledge of extacly how to do it safely so, the OC Tuner seemed to be a good way to OC without damaging anything.  After going through its benchmarks, etc, It settled on an OC of 4.22 Ghz. I ran Prime for awhile to check stability and everything was fine. Temperatures seem to be about the same as with the stock Turbo 3.9 Mhz. What really surprised me was the increase in Peformance Test benchmarking. I went from a system score of 4750 to 5150 with huge increases in CPU adn 3D Graphics performance. Anyway, I am really happy with the results. I am curious as to where OC tuner ended up clocking other 3770K's. Please post your OC Tuner experiences. Thanks!

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
ASUS Sabertooth Z77, Intel i7 3770K @ 4.2Ghz, MSI 580GTX Lightning GPU, 16gb Crucial Ballistix 1866 Memory,Creative X-FI Titanium HD Sound Card, Corsair 550D case, Cooler Master V6GT CPU Cooler, (2) Intel 330 Series 120gb SSD's = 7.8 WEI Score.
Ulrich
Level :
Tech Points : 18327
Posted:12/20/2012 1:33:00 AM # 2
Hi F..

I don't have anything to add about OC Tuner.. but am curious to know what observable benefits you are getting with this overclock in the software you run on your system ...  If ou game, do your games run any better.. and if so, which games do you run..?

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
Fitch
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:12/20/2012 6:23:00 AM # 3
hey Ulrich. I dont really see any performance increase in my business software (MS office, Quicken) . The only game I use is Flight Simulator X, and after playing with it today, I see about a 6 FPS increase when i fly in populated areas. Could be my imagination but, the graphics seem a little clearer today as well. I built this system with the sole purpose of running FSX with add-ons and at the highest settings which is does and then later decided to include my home office software.
     I will continue to run this way for a few days and if it gets buggy or fails in any way, I'll report back. So far, every benchmark I have ran has shown a nice increase in performance. Thanks

PS, Almost forgot. The OC Tuner also dropped my V Core voltage slightly which brough my CPU idle temperature from 33 C to 31 C. I wasnt expecting that at all.

ASUS Sabertooth Z77, Intel i7 3770K @ 4.2Ghz, MSI 580GTX Lightning GPU, 16gb Crucial Ballistix 1866 Memory,Creative X-FI Titanium HD Sound Card, Corsair 550D case, Cooler Master V6GT CPU Cooler, (2) Intel 330 Series 120gb SSD's = 7.8 WEI Score.
SeanBH
Level :
Tech Points : 5
Posted:12/21/2012 12:08:00 PM # 4
Fitch:

Same here!!! I got 4.223 gHz a while ago, and the increase in FSX is phenomenal! I've got to the point where I don't want to screw with it. One day I'll change my mind!

System: i7-4770k cooled by CoolerMaster Hyper212EVO CPU Fan, GSkill TridentX 2x8gb (16gb) RAM, Asus Maximus VI Formula, Samsung 840Pro 256gb SSD, VelociRaptor 600gb HD, XFX HD6870 2gb Video, Asus Zonar Essence STX Sound Card, Windows 8Pro64, XFX Pro750W PSU, and Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition Case
Fitch
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:12/29/2012 11:06:00 AM # 5
Just wanted to post an update. After using OC Tuner for 3 weeks, everything is running great. Graphics performance for gaming is superb! Also, my CPU idle temperature is now in the 19-24 C Range! I think this is great technology for those that dont like to manually overclock but would like some added performance. A i7 3770K running at 4.2 Mhz. seem to be more than plenty for what I do with my computer.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.