SEARCH
ASUS Member ID
Password
Forgot password?
Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Wireless > RT-N66U (VER.B1)  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Router log errors New Topic
Astur
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:11/11/2012 1:45:00 AM # 1
I have recently purchased the RT-N66U router for my domestic network, that consists of about one dozen devices, four of them (desktop PC, NAS, IPTV and a 802.11g AP for my Squeezzebox Radio) are wired to the ethernet ports of the router, with IPs manually assigned by the router's DHCP. The rest of the devices (2 laptops, 2 phones, 1 TV, 1 DVD, 1 printer and a possible invited equipment) are occasionally connected to the router through the 2.4 or 5 GHz wireless ports. I have observed that the router log is constantly writing messages like these: ---Nov 10 12:51:22 kernel: Neighbour table overflow. ---Nov 10 12:51:23 kernel: Neighbour table overflow. ---Nov 10 12:51:32 kernel: printk: 4 messages suppressed. ---Nov 10 12:51:32 kernel: Neighbour table overflow. ---Nov 10 12:51:32 kernel: Neighbour table overflow. ---Nov 10 12:51:37 kernel: printk: 5 messages suppressed. ---Nov 10 12:51:37 kernel: Neighbour table overflow. ---Nov 10 12:52:36 kernel: printk: 4 messages suppressed. ---Nov 10 12:52:36 kernel: Neighbour table overflow. ---Nov 10 12:52:37 kernel: Neighbour table overflow. I also observed that simply by disconnecting the ethernet cable that links the NAS (a QNAP TS-210 series) to the router, all the messages of this kind dissapear from the log. So, it seems that something between the router and the NAS is creating one problem, and I wonder what the mechanism that creates this problem is, how important these messages are and how can them be avoided. The router’s FW version is 3.0.0.4.260, but the problem also occurred with previous versions. Any tip to clarify this behaviour is welcome. Best regards,

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
mikeg
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 221
Posted:11/11/2012 7:24:00 PM # 2
What fw do you have in the Asus ? Look at the download here at Asus  to check for newer versions of the fw which perhaps solves your problem.

Astur
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:11/12/2012 2:33:00 AM # 3
Thanks for your answer. I have the last fw 4.260. I have been modifying the NAS configuration, and I believe that the problem is coming from the NAS Download station, since I can stop the log error messages by disabling that NAS application.

mikeg
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 221
Posted:11/15/2012 11:48:00 PM # 4
If you have not solved your problem you could try RMerlins latest f/w .20 which I think is more stable than Asus own.
Quote:
Author: Astur Posted: 11/12/2012 2:33:00 AM

Thanks for your answer. I have the last fw 4.260. I have been modifying the NAS configuration, and I believe that the problem is coming from the NAS Download station, since I can stop the log error messages by disabling that NAS application.

RMerlin
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 494
Posted:11/16/2012 12:58:00 AM # 5
A quick Google search on this error seems to indicate that you are having a very large amount of simultaneous connections - might perhaps be caused by your NAS sharing a very popular torrent.

Here's some information I found on this error message:

http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/centos-redhat-debian-linux-neighbor-table-overflow/

Custom RT-N16/RT-AC56U/RT-N66U/RT-AC66U firmware: http://www.lostrealm.ca/asuswrt-merlin
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.