ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Audio Cards > Xonar DX  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Sound problem New Topic
DavidN
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:8/26/2012 8:33:00 AM # 1
So I just bought an asus N56VZ and today I noticed that after a while the sound starts to crackle. The crakle happens from time to time and it's really annoying. It happens with youtube videos, online radio and every player I try (BS, VLC, WMP etc). I tried to reinstal the driver but the problem is still here. Can anyone help or shoult I send it to tech support??

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Hardwood
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 607
Posted:8/26/2012 11:45:00 PM # 2
I've experienced "crackling" in an old nvidia chipset motherboard. It was caused by HEAT. The cure was to turn up the speakers and turn down the individual speaker volumes in the Control Panel applet.

Just sayin..

Gigabyte GA-Ma790FX-DS5(F8G), Phenom II X4 955BE, ASUS EAH5870/V2, Xonar D2X, 4x 1GB OCZ 1066 ram @800, Antec Truepower New 750,Win8pro x64
DavidN
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:8/27/2012 3:03:00 AM # 3

Quote:
Author: Hardwood Posted: 8/26/2012 11:45:00 PM

I've experienced "crackling" in an old nvidia chipset motherboard. It was caused by HEAT. The cure was to turn up the speakers and turn down the individual speaker volumes in the Control Panel applet.

Just sayin..

If I restart the computer the crackling sound stops for some time. When it restarts it's still hot and the problem is gonne. So I guess it's not that, but thanks anyway

rondel
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:9/2/2012 6:56:00 AM # 4

rondel
Level :
Posted:9/2/2012 7:01:00 AM # 5
ok i have the n56vz and was having these same problems, basically its more apparent during audio playback, be it videos or just audio, i read on another forum that its mcafee antivirus that was causing this problem, the problem is with the net guard function in the firewall settings, to get rid of the audio crackling all you have to do is open mcafee,on the top right hand corner just underneath the exit and minimize buttons, you will se navigation, click it, under FEATURES select FIREWALL and from there click net guard (its the very last option on the list) and untick the checkbox that says "turn on netguard".and thats it, this has worked for me and everyone else have that annoying audio problem and i'm confident that it will work for you too. i hope i didnt post this too late and u already send it back to asus because this is a very nice laptop and you should enjoy all its features

DavidN
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:9/2/2012 7:12:00 PM # 6

Quote:
Author: rondel Posted: 9/2/2012 7:01:00 AM

ok i have the n56vz and was having these same problems, basically its more apparent during audio playback, be it videos or just audio, i read on another forum that its mcafee antivirus that was causing this problem, the problem is with the net guard function in the firewall settings, to get rid of the audio crackling all you have to do is open mcafee,on the top right hand corner just underneath the exit and minimize buttons, you will se navigation, click it, under FEATURES select FIREWALL and from there click net guard (its the very last option on the list) and untick the checkbox that says "turn on netguard".and thats it, this has worked for me and everyone else have that annoying audio problem and i'm confident that it will work for you too. i hope i didnt post this too late and u already send it back to asus because this is a very nice laptop and you should enjoy all its features

You were still in time :) so I'm gonna try that and post a reply tomorow. I really hope this works because I'm starting to realy like this laptop. Thank you ;)

rondel
Level :
Posted:9/6/2012 8:12:00 AM # 7
ok...nice to hear u still have it :-), so dit it work for you????

Georgia
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:9/26/2012 10:54:00 AM # 8
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I have been trying to get this problem fixed since June. I sent my computer back to Asus repair TWICE and was without it for a total of two months (not to mention the $$ for shipping and insurance) and they didn't fix it. I actually did try to check the forums for solutions but I guess this hadn't been posted yet. I didn't realize it wasn't an ASUS problem until my son developed the same problem with his brand-new Lenovo, but we thought it was the sound card that was the same in both machines. I'm going to use my McAfee without NetGuard until the contract runs out and then get something else. I've seen on another forum that McAfee is not responding to complaints about the problem. Idiotic. Thanks again.

Howlett
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:10/2/2012 2:37:00 AM # 9

Quote:
Author: rondel Posted: 9/2/2012 7:01:00 AM

I also had a huge problem with a super loud grinding distortion when playing back flash videos, primarily DemocracyNow.org. It also happened with audio playback, playing both MP3's and CD's; however it was not as frequent, severe, or long lasting. I played audio in the background while I was doing a Furmark test, and could see it's graph react at the same moments the audio distortions occurred.

I read your post, and was at the end of the free Mcafee trial, so I uninstalled Mcafee. The sound distortions lessened a lot, to only one or two short ones per day. A few days later I installed the latest Nvidia drivers(306.23), and reinstalled/upgraded to the latest the Realtek drivers (6.0.1.6680), and haven't had any problems for the last two weeks. Who knows if the Mcafee was the problem, or the drivers, but it wouldn't hurt anyone with these issues to try them all.

RT N66u N56VZ Nexus 7 UX31E UX31E N53SJ EEPC 1000H
DavidN
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:10/7/2012 6:01:00 PM # 10
This worked. In fact it worked so well that I forgot to came here and post it. thank you a lot ;)

1 2  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: yoyolai New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.