ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Multimedia > O!Play Gallery  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Problem with Samba (fw 2.32) New Topic
spec
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:8/1/2012 5:34:00 PM # 1
I can`t turn on samba server. I try player menu NAS (popup error message "can not run a Samba server" (CYR)) and web interface (settings don`t apply). Reset setting to default don`t solve problem. Earlier this firmware samba to work. FTP and BT is working. Please help me solve this problem.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Lorenzo
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:8/1/2012 6:28:00 PM # 2
I'm facing the same problem and I did not yet find any working solution. Getting crazy.....

Michele
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:8/31/2012 8:20:00 PM # 3
I have the same problem, even with the latest firmware (2.36). Sigh...

Michele
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:9/2/2012 4:16:00 PM # 4
I wrote an email to asus support and they told me to check if my hard drive (Seagate Barracuda Green 2000GB ST2000DL003) is included in the compatibility list. The list of hard disks is very short and of course my not included. I'm afraid there is no hope ...

Lorenzo
Level :
Posted:9/3/2012 2:31:00 PM # 5
My HD is IN the compatibility list, but I have the problem anyway. I was hoping that by new FW's I could solve it but NOT. :-(

Posted:9/8/2012 8:00:00 AM # 6
Same problem here, firmware update (2.36) has not resolved it. I do not see the point in HDD model. Ftp is working and serving the HDD's content. Samba is a different protocol to share the same content ftp is sharing already. So the HDD model does not explain anything. The idea to integrate NAS functionalities in the firmware is great, it was the reason I opted for this device.
I would not say I did regret my decision I am only wondering why similar (from programming point of view [I am programming in Linux since various years]) simple configuration errors may prevent using certain functionalities for months or years? If for ASUS this is not a primary concern why not make it possible to create "unofficial" or "officially unsupported" alternative firmwares by ASUS users (with programming skills I mean) who would be happy to contribute. ASUS then could decide which suggested "patches" to apply in the next official firmware update. Of course a similar "community-driven" project would need some more "raw material" than uncommented downloadable source codes on the ASUS site.

Michele
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:9/14/2012 11:16:00 PM # 7
Yes, I know it, the various models of hard drives can not cause the malfunction of samba. Asus support asked me it and I responded. I also complained to them about various other troubles, but they have become more alive. We are alone...

Martin
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:12/28/2016 9:36:00 PM # 8
>do you have, in the system log, some error messages?>

:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.