ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Wireless > DSL-N55U  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]DSL-N55U support airprint? New Topic
Piotr
Level :
Tech Points : 6
Posted:7/19/2012 7:30:00 PM # 1
Hi,
I bought my DSL-N55U because I like to have the best ADSL router as I could to buy. But it's seems that ASUS totally ignored Apple users. I bought also HP Laser printer with Airprint functionality. And it seems that Asus is not compatible with this technology. When I restart modem - all is OK - iPad and iPhone are able to find HP printer and I can print. But after some times - printer disappear - no one Apple devices can find it. Also I have problems with Apple TV. It is also disappear after few times - I need to restart router what is not acceptable. So dear Asus Support - can you give me some advice how I can bring to pass Asus cooperation with Apple Airprint technology?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Neil
Level :
Tech Points : 4
Posted:7/19/2012 7:51:00 PM # 2

Quote:
Author: Piotr Posted: 7/19/2012 7:30:00 PM

So dear Asus Support - can you give me some advice how I can bring to pass Asus cooperation with Apple Airprint technology?

I have a similar problem with my RT-N66U.  I am trying to use FingerPrint software to enable me to AirPrint to a non AirPrint printer.  It worked fine with my old TP-Link router, but now won't. 

Piotr
Level :
Tech Points : 6
Posted:7/19/2012 8:00:00 PM # 3
Hmmm...DLS-N55U, RT-N66N.....just one of the best Asus models and such scrap...

akgyud
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:12/7/2012 11:04:00 PM # 4
I'm having a similar issue having an hp printer running on windows 7. I have been digging into the topic and it seems that's a matter of Asus with some printers. It doesn't depend on the operating system. 

Paul
Level :
Tech Points : 854
Posted:12/12/2012 9:18:00 PM # 5
Hi akgyud,

Current official DSL-N55U firmware v3.0.0.4.314 AirPrint and AirPlay compatibility issues are resolved. Thanks.

Sincerely,
Paul L.
ASUS Support

Mark
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:12/29/2012 7:20:00 PM # 6
I have bought a new wireless-N600 DSL N55U router I also have a hp deskjet 3520 e-all in one printer I have windows vista. I have connected my desktop to the router by Ethernet. I have wirelessly networked my wireless hp desk jet 3520 e-all in one printer. The desktop will wirelessly print as will my wife's wireless connected laptop. I can't use AirPrint from iPhone or iPad - they tell me there is no AirPrint printer available. When I turn off router they can find it. I can't now disconnect the printer from the router... Is there a way of blocking it from connecting to allow AirPrint? I have latest firmware and drivers for printer and router

Paul
Level :
Tech Points : 854
Posted:12/30/2012 12:56:00 AM # 7
Hi Mark,

First of all, your iPhone and iPad running iOS 4.2 or later version? If not, it does not support AirPrint. Please make sure those two iOS device connected to DSL-N55U via WiFi(better with same band such as 2.4GHz).

In addition, please try disable the IGMP Snooping for both WiFi 2.4G and 5G band and see how that works with AirPrint(I am not sure which band you are using so set both band).

Please go to Advanced Settings -> Administration -> System and Enable Telnet server, then telnet to 192.168.1.1 and issue following commands in order to disable IGMP Snoopping, please note that this setting would be lost after system reboot, it's just for testing purposes. Thanks.

iwpriv rai0 set IgmpSnEnable=0 (press enter)
iwpriv ra0 set IgmpSnEnable=0 (press enter)

Sincerely,
Paul L.
ASUS Support

Mark
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:12/30/2012 3:30:00 AM # 8
Hi Paul Thanks for your quick reply. Both iPhone and iPad are on iOS 6.0.1 Both are connected to the asus router via 2.4GHz Have enabled telnet Where do I type the IP address? 192.168.1.1 is the LAN ip Mark

Mark
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:12/30/2012 3:41:00 AM # 9
Also when I enable telnet, there is no clear place to type the commands you suggest

Mark
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:12/30/2012 3:48:00 AM # 10
I guess it goes in the "remote log server" box? But still not sure where to type the commands

1 2  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: HHC New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.