SEARCH
ASUS Member ID
Password
Forgot password?
Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Wireless > RT-N66U (VER.B1)  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]RT-N66U Firmware will not update New Topic
Ross
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:7/1/2012 8:03:00 AM # 1
If I click on the firmware Version link, it tell me I have a new version of the firmware to download. It then downloads, displaying the 3 minutes progress bar, then refreshes and it's still running the same version. I have even downloaded the firmware to my machine, and tried an upload and a progress wheel display, but nothing ever happens, in fact, if I manually refresh the page, i get back to the home page and the firmware is still the same. How do I update the router?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
RMerlin
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 494
Posted:7/1/2012 8:18:00 AM # 2

Download the latest version from the Support site, and manually flash it (from that same page).

Custom RT-N16/RT-AC56U/RT-N66U/RT-AC66U firmware: http://www.lostrealm.ca/asuswrt-merlin
Ross
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:7/1/2012 8:42:00 AM # 3
I tried that, and as I mentioned, it just sat on the page with a spinning wheel and never returns.  After a few minutes, if you hit refresh, it bring you back to the home page and the version doesn't change.

Joe
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 43
Posted:7/1/2012 9:06:00 AM # 4
Try a different browser?

mikeg
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 221
Posted:7/1/2012 6:17:00 PM # 5

Quote:
Author: Ross Posted: 7/1/2012 8:42:00 AM

I tried that, and as I mentioned, it just sat on the page with a spinning wheel and never returns.  After a few minutes, if you hit refresh, it bring you back to the home page and the version doesn't change.
It looks like you have the same problem as I have. I have not been able to update the fw, from
the gui. All the upgrades of fw. I have been forced to use 1. Factory reset  , 2. Wired connection
with an ip-adr. of 182.168.1.2 mask 255.255.255.0 and use the mini-weg gui and restore default nvram settings and 3. Start the Asus utility you installed on your pc and choose Asus Firmware recovery and ind the fw. where you downloaded it on your pc.
Hope you will be able to upgrade the fw. then.
I myself am waiting for a new fw. to test to update from another pc and use the web gui. If that fails I will replace it - this will be my 4:th router from Asus then....

Wullail
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 85
Posted:7/1/2012 8:58:00 PM # 6
Had a similar problem in firefox and google chrome , I eventually ended up clearing the internet cache and they both then worked.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.