SEARCH
ASUS Member ID
Password
Forgot password?
Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Wireless > RT-N66U (VER.B1)  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Adding a router to an existing combo router (ATT Uverse router/modem) New Topic
AsusNet
Level :
Tech Points : 247
Posted:6/25/2012 4:54:00 PM # 1
Hi All!
I found two guides for people trying to adding a router to wireless gateway(Router+modem combo).

Main example shown here is connecting to AT&T Uverse, but this applies to other models as well.

http://www.jaynath.com/2011/01/setting-up-tomato-router-behind-an-att-2wire-u-verse-router/

http://www.sbbala.com/uverse/pg2.html

If you are unable to change settings on your modem+router+gateway settings, all Asus routers include an access point mode which can be set through changing the operating mode. Depending on the router, some features may be disabled in access point mode.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
fscked
Level :
Tech Points : 9
Posted:6/26/2012 9:38:00 PM # 2
Why is THIS sticky, this is no big deal for anyone who has ever worked with networks. 

Make something STICKY when they !$!@(! router WORKS.

"I realized that it's the person who can cheerfully accept the madness of this world that is truely insane." - Cornfed
mikeg
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 221
Posted:6/27/2012 2:36:00 AM # 3

Quote:
Author: fscked Posted: 6/26/2012 9:38:00 PM

Why is THIS sticky, this is no big deal for anyone who has ever worked with networks. 

Make something STICKY when they !$!@(! router WORKS.
I see you also are frustrated with this so called router. Asus perhaps will deliver a fw.
that will work in the near future ?

Foonus
Level :
Tech Points : 48
Posted:7/7/2012 1:37:00 AM # 4
Can you show us an example for rural Telus customers (most of Canada) where the only the Huawei E397 is currently available??

"Hello, I need to know from you if the RT-N66U router supports the Huawei E397 USB
3/4G adapter since this is all our ISP here uses.

Here is a link to the device.
http://www.telusmobility.com/en/AB/mobileinternetkeys/index.shtml

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
"

Reply:

"Sir,

No the router at this time does not support the E397 modem, it does support the E367.

Kind regards,

x.
ASUS Technical Support
(812) 282-2787"

Sure glad they took the time to read the email and follow the link to see that the ISP only offers the one specific adapter for rural 3G customers. But that does answer the question, No, its not compatible with the current Telus hardware.

Rural Canadian customers might want to look at the Mofi 3500 3GN V2, it currently supports ALL Canadian ISP hardware.

Jim
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 7
Posted:10/31/2012 5:02:00 AM # 5
The procedure indicated is basically corect as far as i can tell but it could be advantageous to leave the first router wirelessly connected as it facilitates being able to make changes to the router from a computer connected to the secpond router. All you have to do to gain control is disconnect from the second router network and reconnect wirelessly to the first router network and you now can control the first router network settings if you need access. Secondly, you may need to put the first router in Bridge mode to avoid possibe warning messages.

TeHashX
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 298
Posted:9/22/2014 4:28:00 PM # 6
Hi, how can I contact a forum moderator?>Thx

TUTORIALS http://www.hqt.ro
vilo
Level :
Tech Points : 43
Posted:10/17/2014 4:41:00 PM # 7
I think the forum moderators are virtual! Due to the lack of feedback shown here :-(

e38BimmerFN
Level :
Tech Points : 5
Posted:8/8/2017 10:18:00 AM # 8
IF any ISP Modems have built in routers, it's best to bridge them fully if that is supported by the ISP and modem. If the modem can't be bridged, then use of the modems DMZ for the external router can be used for the IP address the modem gives to the external router. 

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.