ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Wireless > DSL-N55U  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Any solutions to Asus DSL N55U Issues and Problems New Topic
Kheemeng
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 4
Posted:5/14/2012 12:08:00 PM # 1
Greetings, Asus DSL N55U I just installed this router on my network and is having all sorts of connection problems :- After several hours of heavy usage 1. the ping count will be in the 1000s 2. surfing will crawl to a standstill 3. if i upload a big file, my ping count will immediately go up to the 1000s 4. my upload bandwidth is .5mbps but on this router it is only .2mbps ... 1 simple upload of a file and the upload bandwidth will become .1mbps I noticed that several folks have this problem at another networking forum They sent theirs back and got a new router that are working ... May I please kindly ask if the only solution is to have it sent back for an exchange ? Is there a bad batch out there ? Or can I fix all these issues by doing a firmware upgrade ? Hope to hear from you soon. Thank you for your time. Regars

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Champion
Level :
Tech Points : 35
Posted:7/15/2012 5:50:00 PM # 2
Good luck getting a response to your problems, the N55U is a router that the son of the company CEO designed using lego and crayon.

kh1234567890
Level :
Tech Points : 10
Posted:7/15/2012 7:15:00 PM # 3

Quote:
Author: Champion Posted: 7/15/2012 5:50:00 PM

Good luck getting a response to your problems, the N55U is a router that the son of the company CEO designed using lego and crayon.

They should have spent their budget on some clued up firmware engineers instead of on fancy box designers. Router to me is something that should just sit somewhere out of the way and work. I do not really care if it is built into a milk carton.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.