ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Multimedia > O!Play Air  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Feedback and Suggestion][1.29] New firmware released New Topic
Catweazle
Level :
Tech Points : 256
Posted:4/10/2012 8:29:00 PM # 1
See here!

1. Fix the issue that in photo grid view mode, only first BMP picture will be shown correctly, the rest BMP files will be shown as question marks.

Wow! They've published the change list at the same time like the update.

I can't believe that only this one point was changed. Because the difference between the new and the old file is about 962 Bytes!

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
fred999
Level :
Tech Points : 231
Posted:4/12/2012 12:06:00 AM # 2
Yeah, guess there's nothing more important to fix...... must have been a slow day at the developer hangout!... or maybe one of the boss's sons made a complaint...

joe
Level :
Tech Points : 172
Posted:4/15/2012 4:32:00 PM # 3

Quote:
Author: Catweazle Posted: 4/10/2012 8:29:00 PM

See here!

1. Fix the issue that in photo grid view mode, only first BMP picture will be shown correctly, the rest BMP files will be shown as question marks.

Wow! They've published the change list at the same time like the update.

I can't believe that only this one point was changed. Because the difference between the new and the old file is about 962 Bytes!

Thanks for the link, I forgot to check for updates recently. I am downloading it now and will install it in the next couple days. Like you, I suspect there is more to it than what they listed.

michael
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:4/17/2012 9:20:00 AM # 4
i dont get why they update stupid useless garbage.. yet i cant use netflix or stream internet stuff on my oplay air hdp-r3!!!! talk about crappy support.. just feel like asus only wants to sell us the newest products ... and dosent care about supporting their existing products or customers....

joe
Level :
Tech Points : 172
Posted:4/17/2012 3:56:00 PM # 5

Quote:
Author: michael Posted: 4/17/2012 9:20:00 AM

i dont get why they update stupid useless garbage.. yet i cant use netflix or stream internet stuff on my oplay air hdp-r3!!!! talk about crappy support.. just feel like asus only wants to sell us the newest products ... and dosent care about supporting their existing products or customers....

We have purchased 5 Roku devices in the last couple years, they replace their models rather often and if you want the latest features you must buy a new model. It's not bad, each time it's about $100 (US) and the older models still will get you Netflix, Amazon, Hulu Plus etc. but if you want something up to date with the latest features, highest resolution, 5.1 sound etc. you must purchase a new device. Roku has  a very limited ability to play personal files. I think Asus has a cheaper device for streaming Netflix, but it can not handle the personal files as well as the O'Play Air. I recommend Roku for on line streaming, but still prefer the Asus O'Play for my personal collection. The O'Play handles more file formats and has better sound capabilities. I don't expect one device to do everything. Adding MoServcices also allows you to add more to the Asus O'Play.  

Tiziano
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:4/19/2012 8:01:00 PM # 6
Hi, I installed the new release but I noticed that the "copy" is not there anymore. is a flaw in my system or you have this? thanks

fred999
Level :
Tech Points : 231
Posted:4/19/2012 10:20:00 PM # 7

Quote:
Author: michael Posted: 4/17/2012 9:20:00 AM

Yeah, exactly.... actually, I'm surprised they even offer any updates at all, with this old device.... so I guess we should be happy!!

Keniya
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 4
Posted:4/23/2012 7:42:00 PM # 8
This is true. "copy" menu function is not there. Moreover, after I updated the firmware to 1.29 my Asus O!Play Air worked for a while, but at next reboot it froze to "Asus"  startup logo  permanently. After few attempts to reboot it I had to do a master reset with return to previous software version.
Quote:
Author: Tiziano Posted: 4/19/2012 8:01:00 PM

Hi, I installed the new release but I noticed that the "copy" is not there anymore. is a flaw in my system or you have this? thanks

Mees
Level :
Posted:4/27/2012 6:55:00 PM # 9
yes i had the same problem, the copy function is not there anymore. so i had to go back to the previous version. so i cant use the 1.29 firmware.

Andrea
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:6/12/2012 10:57:00 PM # 10
In fact there is no longer the function copy file, as it returns to the previous version of the firmware if you can' thanks

1 2  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.