Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Wireless > RT-N56U  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Apple TV and iTunes Home Sharing Disconnects New Topic
Robert
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:4/7/2012 6:16:00 AM # 1
Is there anyone that got iTunes Home sharing working with Apple TV? I enabled multicast but Apple TV keeps on disconnecting every 20-50 minutes from my iTunes. I have all the latests updates from Apple and tried many different solutions but I cant get it to work. Please share how you solved this problem.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Robert
Level :
Posted:4/10/2012 1:02:00 AM # 2
I am unable to solve the problem. I am running out of ideas her. It seems to me that I have tried all the settings and various firmware versions and nothing works. I can get Apple TV to stream for 40 min max. Both Apple TV's that I have refuse to maintain connection to iTunes home sharing no matter what I try. I am not sure if this si related to the current Apple TV firmware of Asus RT-n56U. I don't recall having these problems with TP-Link TL-WR1043ND router. If anyone ever finds a solution, please post back. I have iTunes Home sharing on Macbooks.

AVonGauss
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:4/10/2012 4:42:00 AM # 3
Did you enable any of the multicast options? If so, try disabling them and see if it maintains the connection.

Robert
Level :
Posted:4/10/2012 5:57:00 AM # 4
There is mixed information online about multicast and iTunes. Some say it is required for home sharing and some say that home sharing does not use multicast. I have tried many different options with multicast enabled. I will try to have it disabled and see if that makes any difference.

Robert
Level :
Posted:4/10/2012 6:26:00 AM # 5
Just tried to stream a movie with multicast disabled. Same problem. It seems to me that none of the changes that I make in multicast are affecting Apple TV home sharing streaming. Do I need to restart the router after I change multicast settings?

AVonGauss
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:4/10/2012 1:00:00 PM # 6
I haven't experimented on the Asus routers with that setting, but I know in the past when I was experiencing the symptoms on D-Link routers that was the solution.

Robert
Level :
Posted:4/11/2012 3:29:00 AM # 7
It seems to me that this is a firmware/software bug with Apple. I have tested two movies and I can Airplay them to my Apple TV (3rd) with no disconnects but if I choose to play a movie from Apple TV using home sharing, I experience disconnects. Looking around at different forums, I see that many people are having this problem with the latest firmware for Apple TV and latest iTunes. For now, I will Airplay video using Remote app on my iPhone.

harsh132
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 155
Posted:4/11/2012 4:22:00 AM # 8

Quote:
Author: Robert Posted: 4/11/2012 3:29:00 AM

It seems to me that this is a firmware/software bug with Apple. I have tested two movies and I can Airplay them to my Apple TV (3rd) with no disconnects but if I choose to play a movie from Apple TV using home sharing, I experience disconnects. Looking around at different forums, I see that many people are having this problem with the latest firmware for Apple TV and latest iTunes. For now, I will Airplay video using Remote app on my iPhone.

Fixed drop mDNS (Bonjour/ZeroConf) and SSDP multicast packets with enabled IGMP Snooping for both WiFi AP. All applications based on mDNS protocols (e.g. Apple AirPrint) now work with IGMP Snooping ON. http://code.google.com/p/rt-n56u/

Asus RT-N56U Firmware 3.0.2.6-020
Robert
Level :
Posted:4/11/2012 6:33:00 AM # 9

Quote:
Author: harsh132 Posted: 4/11/2012 4:22:00 AM

Quote:

Fixed drop mDNS (Bonjour/ZeroConf) and SSDP multicast packets with enabled IGMP Snooping for both WiFi AP. All applications based on mDNS protocols (e.g. Apple AirPrint) now work with IGMP Snooping ON. http://code.google.com/p/rt-n56u/

I am running firmware RT-N56U_1.0.1.8e-p2 from Padawan and I still have this problem. My only solution is to use Airplay for now. Does this work for you?

harsh132
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 155
Posted:4/11/2012 2:44:00 PM # 10

Quote:
Author: Robert Posted: 4/11/2012 6:33:00 AM

Quote:
Author: harsh132 Posted: 4/11/2012 4:22:00 AM

Quote:

I am running firmware RT-N56U_1.0.1.8e-p2 from Padawan and I still have this problem. My only solution is to use Airplay for now. Does this work for you?

Sorry I do not have Apple's devices, but my friends do not have such problems. Did you do a hard reset after the firmware from the web gui

Asus RT-N56U Firmware 3.0.2.6-020
1 2  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: HHC New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.