ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]TPU & EPU Switches New Topic
pvrbulls
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 34
Posted:1/27/2012 10:58:00 AM # 1
Getting ready for a new build and need to know best setting for EPU & TPU switches.  They are disabled by default.  Is that the way I should leave them?

I understand that the TPU is for "auto-overclocking", which I am not interested in.

Not completely certain what the EPU switch does.

Thanks,

pvrbulls

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Asus P6Z68-V Pro Gen3; Intel i7-2600K; 16GB(4x4) G.SKILL DDR3 1600; GeForce 9600 GT; Win7 64 bit
pvrbulls
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 34
Posted:1/28/2012 12:25:00 AM # 2

Quote:
Author: Ulrich Posted: 1/28/2012 12:18:00 AM

Hi pv..

TPU is the 'TurboV Processing Unit.. and EPU is the Energy Processing Unit.. both hardware devices... but you can leave the switches in the off position.  The board comes with a software interface that will allow access to those features should you want to use them. 

The EPU switch on the board and the switch in the BIOS allow for some fine tuning of the energy saving protocals available.. might be useful to someone who leaves their system on all the time and needs to conserve energy.. but for most home users, it is of little value. 

Good morning, Ulrich

That's interesting. I leave mine on 24hours/day.  Do you know where I can find a good explanation of how to do that fine tuning?  The manual doesn't have anything at all about that...at least that I could find!

Asus P6Z68-V Pro Gen3; Intel i7-2600K; 16GB(4x4) G.SKILL DDR3 1600; GeForce 9600 GT; Win7 64 bit
Ulrich
Level :
Tech Points : 18339
Posted:1/28/2012 12:18:00 AM # 3
Hi pv..

TPU is the 'TurboV Processing Unit.. and EPU is the Energy Processing Unit.. both hardware devices... but you can leave the switches in the off position.  The board comes with a software interface that will allow access to those features should you want to use them. 

The EPU switch on the board and the switch in the BIOS allow for some fine tuning of the energy saving protocals available.. might be useful to someone who leaves their system on all the time and needs to conserve energy.. but for most home users, it is of little value. 

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
Ulrich
Level :
Tech Points : 18339
Posted:1/28/2012 12:38:00 AM # 4

Quote:
Author: pvrbulls Posted: 1/28/2012 12:25:00 AM

Quote:
Author: Ulrich Posted: 1/28/2012 12:18:00 AM

Hi pv..

Good morning, Ulrich

That's interesting. I leave mine on 24hours/day.  Do you know where I can find a good explanation of how to do that fine tuning?  The manual doesn't have anything at all about that...at least that I could find!

Hi pv..

The manual does have a section about the EPU feature...  towards the end.  The EPU interface has several options for power saving that include  a 'Max Power Saving' option which might be the sort of thing that would be useful to you.  That setting will lower the energy usage for the chips and processor, slow the fans, affect mechanical hard drives, etc...  but probably putting your system into Sleep or Hibernate would accomplish the same sort of savings. is not more.

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.