Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > F1A75-M PRO  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Asmedia 104x usb 3.0 issues New Topic
jacinto
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:11/20/2011 5:20:00 PM # 1
Hi there! I bought a short time ago a F1A75-M Pro Mb, and i'm having serious issues regarding the driver installation. I fact, i've formated the PC twice, reinstalled everything, searched on-line for drivers besides the asus website, and by now i don't still have the usb 3.0 ports working. USB 2.0 ports work fine, just the 3.0 that don't. Afret i try to install the driver, i still get the 'no driver installed' message. I'm using Win7 x64. I've tried asmedia 10x drivers: v. 1.00.0.5 v. 1.10.1.0 v. 1.12.5.0 v. 1.14.1.0 All input will be greatly appreciated! Cheers!

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
bernhardtson
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:11/30/2011 8:16:00 PM # 2
I have the same problem. Win7 X64 and USB3.0 ports are not working. Tried all the different drivers as well...

MATTHEW
Level :
Posted:1/13/2012 10:22:00 PM # 3

Quote:
Author: jacinto Posted: 11/20/2011 5:20:00 PM

Hi there! I bought a short time ago a F1A75-M Pro Mb, and i'm having serious issues regarding the driver installation. I fact, i've formated the PC twice, reinstalled everything, searched on-line for drivers besides the asus website, and by now i don't still have the usb 3.0 ports working. USB 2.0 ports work fine, just the 3.0 that don't. Afret i try to install the driver, i still get the 'no driver installed' message. I'm using Win7 x64. I've tried asmedia 10x drivers: v. 1.00.0.5 v. 1.10.1.0 v. 1.12.5.0 v. 1.14.1.0 All input will be greatly appreciated! Cheers!

Hi All: Well you are on the right track but your order of installs is out of order. **FIX** You need to download the 200mb chipset driver from the ASUS Support Site for your board. Install this and the SM Controller will be activated. After this, run the USB 3.0 1.14 driver and both of your controllers will turn on. I had a similar issue, but my problem stemmed from the driver on the disc I received was corrupt and hanging Windows on reboot. The new driver doesn't even apply changes during the reboot but rather only requires a reboot for changes to take effect. Hope this helps!

ace31
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:2/9/2012 12:44:00 PM # 4

Quote:
Author: MATTHEW Posted: 1/13/2012 10:22:00 PM

Hi All: Well you are on the right track but your order of installs is out of order. **FIX** You need to download the 200mb chipset driver from the ASUS Support Site for your board. Install this and the SM Controller will be activated. After this, run the USB 3.0 1.14 driver and both of your controllers will turn on. I had a similar issue, but my problem stemmed from the driver on the disc I received was corrupt and hanging Windows on reboot. The new driver doesn't even apply changes during the reboot but rather only requires a reboot for changes to take effect. Hope this helps!

I always follow this order when installing something problematic. So fresh install of win7 64 bit,
Chipset drivers from asus web site (restart) , then Amedia usb 3 drivers from asus web site. Unfortunatelly this doesnt work for me

I have a  new P9X79 Pro i dont have my usb 3 working at usb 3 speeds. Ive installed Asmedia drivers from both Asus web site 1.4.3.0 and ive also tried Station drivers 1.4.4.0 and both dont work, they are recognized and work under the asmedia controllers as usb 2. In device manager though i have 2 asmedia controllers that show up as the board has 2 asmedia chips. Ive also got the latest INF.
Now what is odd about this is that i also have an ASUS "front panel usb 3" (2 ports) which is connected to the usb3 header and this one works great i get a 3-4 times increase in speeds from my usb 3 devices. Obviously the asmedia chip is enabled in bios as well as legacy devices. Not sure what is wrong but its driving me insane. Ive had bad experiences with usb 3 in the past and the renesas controllers and heard that Asmedia is a bit more reliable and thats why i switched.
Not sure what else i could try ......any ideas

Wielheesen
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:8/19/2012 4:45:00 PM # 5
I have the same problem on my P9X79 only the USB3.0 actually did work after a clean installation (average of 80MB/s on external drives). The problem started after I installed the WD SES driver that comes available when I have my WD My book 3.0 2TB attached. The problem now is that a restorepoint nor a system image restore will fix this issue. The 3.0 ports still work at usb2 speeds. I also installed Windows again but this time the port immediately started to work at usb2 speeds. Very strange... I've contacted Asus and ASMedia

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.