misterjoe40
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:11/19/2011 8:58:00 AM # 1
Board: M5A97PRO
Serial no: B9Mxxxxxxxxx
Processor
Phenom II X6 1090T B

it had stalled so hit the the power botton on the psu.
wouldnt boot after the cpu led on and  the power green led on.
no vga led, no boot device led no power botton led.
no lignt on the lan led and no power to the usb.
power botton not working to reset or power down.
fans on the cpu spin up as dose the Graphics Cards fans.

no post beeps.

plz help...

Thanks
joe

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
misterjoe40
Level :
Posted:11/19/2011 11:50:00 AM # 2
still the same

Ulrich
Level :
Tech Points : 18427
Posted:11/19/2011 11:39:00 AM # 3
Hi Joe..

The first thing to do here is to go through the CLRTC procedure that is described in the 'Jumper' section of your user manual..  While doing that, remove all the memory except for the module in the A2 memory slot.  Then when the CLRTC procedure is complete, plug in and see if the system will boot.

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
Ulrich
Level :
Posted:11/19/2011 11:54:00 AM # 4

Quote:
Author: misterjoe40 Posted: 11/19/2011 11:50:00 AM

still the same

Hi m..

That was quick.. it generally takes about 10 minuites to complete those tasks..

Since you are getting no beeping, that suggests that the processor 'may' not be running.  I assume you have a case speaker or beeper properly attached to the system panel conenctor.

Nest thing to do is remove all the mmeory and start the system.. that will confirm whehter or not the processor is running.  If it is, you will hear beeping.

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
misterjoe40
Level :
Posted:11/19/2011 12:12:00 PM # 5
the manual said that only take 5 to 10 sec with the jumper on pins 2-3.
yes i have a
speaker attached.
i have had it runing for the last few weeks since i got it.
i have all ready tryed with no ram in it and still no beeps..

i'll give it another go now and let you know.

no still nothing....

Ulrich
Level :
Posted:11/19/2011 10:55:00 PM # 6
Hi M..

The next consideration is the power supply.  If there is a problem with the 12vdc power bus that is connected to the EATX12V power supply connector, then the processor won't run.  So although I wouldn't go out and buy a new power supply.. that may not be the issue.. I would swap another in.  If you don't have another adequate supply, maybe a friend has one you could borrow...

misterjoe40
Level :
Posted:11/20/2011 2:02:00 AM # 7
yeah i tryed that too.
still the same. :(
im trying to think what could have shorted the cpu at this point.

so what your saying is that if the cpu dosent work all the fans will kick in and you'll get no beeps.

Ulrich
Level :
Posted:11/20/2011 4:15:00 AM # 8
Hi m...

What happens when a system boots is that the processor gets started or initialized... then the BIOS program starts to run.. and initialized hardware..  One of the first things the BIOS does is try to find the memory.. becasue it is going to copy itself into main memory in order to run...  If the BIOS program can not find any memory, it will complain with a POST error beep code.

So when you start your system with no memory and you don't hear anything, that usually indicates that the processor isn't running.  If it was running, then the BIOS would run up to the memory detection stage and then halt with an error beep pattern..

The reasons why a processor won't run are numerous.. but in generall, its the power supply.. or a problem with the installation of the processor.. or something happened when the heatsink was attached.. or the processor is bad... 

There can be issues with shorting in a new system assembly.. but I son't expect you removed the mainboard when you did the processor switch..

misterjoe40
Level :
Posted:11/20/2011 4:39:00 AM # 9
well as i said it has been runing for the last 3 weeks.
i have had one or two bule screens since that time.
all the parts are new and i have a Venom Voodoo Multi Platform High Performance CPU Cooler on the Phenom II X6 1090T BE. at this point something needs to go back to dabs.ie i just need to fiure out if its the bord or he cpu thats faulty.

thanks for your help with this issue

joe... :(

Ulrich
Level :
Posted:11/20/2011 4:46:00 AM # 10
Hi m..

Well, if things have been OK for three weeks.. and then all of a sudden the processor quits running, its going to be the power supply.. the board.. or the processor.. in that order.  Of course, if the system has been overclocked, then anything is possible.  I'd contact Dabs and see about getting the board replaced... 

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.