Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Wireless > RT-N13U  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Dr says "No Ethernet cable connected" New Topic
Sunstrength
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:10/5/2011 10:30:00 PM # 1
Hi guys Bought RT-N13U-(B1)yesterday. Unfortunately Im not able to use it even once. I will explain my problem as clearly as possible PROB: I have a very simple style of connecting to internet. My local ISP provides me normal cable which I connect to lan port, also I use static ip (i.e. ip,gateway,dns are given by isp, hence in IPV4 settings I DO NOT say "obtain ip automatically") and finally i put my userid, passwd on a particular web page to log in. Now after getting my router I put the internet cable in WAN port(blue) of the router and connected my desktop and LAN port through another cable. The error message I keep on getting on router page is "ethernet cable is not connected",also the "internet" LED on the router does not lit up. The solutions I tried 1.I went to ip settings of "desktop" and deleted everything and put following settings ip:192.168.1.2 subnet:255.255.255.0 gateway:192.168.1.1 dns: automatic Then I went to WAN setting of router,selected "static ip" and there put the details given to me by ISP. Apply and reboot, STILL SAME ERROR. 2.I have called up ASUS and the guy there gave me two different versions of firmware. I tried all of them and still the exact same error. One thing I noticed is in the "network map" are when I click on the "globe", on the right hand side you see the details internet connection. There I DO NOT see the ip and gateway given by me. It simply shows me"0.0.0.0" for both the fields. Only dns there shows the right value. Why? So, Its almost been 24 hrs since I got the router and Im still yet to see the magic (or ease/laziness) offered by a wifi router... Any kind of help is greatly appreciated.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Sunstrength
Level :
Posted:10/5/2011 10:33:00 PM # 2
And I have no idea why my question looks like this..i.e. without any paragraphs(I had pressed Enter multiple times so that it would be easy to read, but somehow its not working either) I know it looks weird and difficult to read, but i cant really help it

AsusNet
Level :
Tech Points : 247
Posted:10/6/2011 12:16:00 AM # 3
Don't worry about the format. What type and model of modem do you have? If you have not already, reset the router and make sure firmware is up to date.

Sunstrength
Level :
Posted:10/7/2011 8:27:00 PM # 4

Quote:
Author: AsusNet Posted: 10/6/2011 12:16:00 AM

Don't worry about the format. What type and model of modem do you have? If you have not already, reset the router and make sure firmware is up to date.

its RT N13U B1...and i have already tried firmware update...infact when i calledup asus helpline thats the first thing they asked me to do...and also suggested me few other versions...none of them worked...

AsusNet
Level :
Tech Points : 247
Posted:10/8/2011 2:04:00 AM # 5

What type of internet service do you have?

Have you tried shutting down your modem and router, then first turning on the modem, and then the router?

It sounds more like the wan port may be defective if the WAN light does not light up. Have you tried different cables between the wan port and modem? Wait... do you have a modem in the first place? The RT-N13u is not a modem. What's your modem model?

Sunstrength
Level :
Posted:10/9/2011 1:56:00 AM # 6
No, I already mentioned in my first message, I DONT have any modem..I directly plug the cable to Lan card.... I have a static IP...and a webpage authentication.. And I did change cables, connectors and all...the WAN LED does not light up...in order to check if its working or not my ISP guy shorted one RJ45 connector and plugged in, that time the light did glow...

Optimus2357
Level :
Tech Points : 47
Posted:10/9/2011 3:14:00 AM # 7
1. How long is the cord? 2. Does your ISP allow for retail routers? 3. When you connect the cord into you PC, at which rate does it connect at? 10? 100? 1000? Usually says in the connection status. 4. If you connect your PC direct to the router WAN port, does it light up?

Optimus2357
Level :
Tech Points : 47
Posted:10/9/2011 11:18:00 AM # 8
Well that either leaves a duplex issue, or a signal detection issue. Is there a way to force 10Mb duplex on the WAN? I don't have that model but I am sure there is a way. Or it could just be the sensitivity of the WAN port, since its probably unpowered, but I am not sure how one would isolate that in your situation.

Sunstrength
Level :
Posted:10/9/2011 11:12:00 AM # 9
1.the cord that comes to my place is almost 200feet long cauze the nearest switch from where the cord comes is located in next alley. 2.Yes, my ISP does allow retail routers. in fact I have even tried a basic Belkin router before and it worked fine. 3.My PC connects at 10mbps (thats what it says in connection status) 4.Yes, If I connect PC directly to the WAN port, it does light up.

Sunstrength
Level :
Posted:10/9/2011 11:51:00 AM # 10
would you please elaborate more about duplex issue? I didnt get it. How can we force 10mb duplex on WAN?

1 2 3  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: HHC New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.