ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Wireless > RT-N56U  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]itunes and Media Server New Topic
Remo
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 60
Posted:10/1/2011 2:58:00 AM # 1
Hello everybody, I do have a problem with itunes (10.5 beta, Mac) and the Asus RT-N56U Media Server. Despite iTunes showing the RT-N56U share, it is not possible to access it (Access fails after a short loading without further notice). Anyone with the same problem? Is there a solution for this? I tried to unmount and reattach/mount the external harddisk, rebooting the router and the computer. The log of the RT-N56U shows that the songs on the disk have successfully been scanned and added to the itunes Server.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
AsusNet
Level :
Tech Points : 247
Posted:10/5/2011 6:40:00 AM # 2

Have you tried resetting the router or updating the firmware?

What HDD format are you using?

Remo
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:10/5/2011 6:01:00 PM # 3
The router is already on firmware 1.0.1.7c, the harddisk runs on NTFS. I guessed it could have been the access rights of the HDD, so I set those on CHMOD 777 but it didn't solve the problem. I did not yet try to reset and restore the router.

AsusNet
Level :
Posted:10/6/2011 12:22:00 AM # 4

Try reseting the router first as that tends to correct issues. Let me know if you are using "share with accounts". That could be the cause as well.

Remo
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:10/6/2011 3:52:00 PM # 5
I just restored to factory settings and reconfigured the router. I didn't enable "share with accounts" this time. Still doesn't work.

AsusNet
Level :
Posted:10/7/2011 12:55:00 AM # 6
Under miscellaneous, make sure Itunes Media Center is turned on. Can you also tell me what steps you have taken under USB application to try to get this to work?

Remo
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:10/7/2011 5:22:00 PM # 7
This option is turned on. I just disabled the option "share with account" in the network share section. However I just read several posts in news groups (even in the Apple Discussion Forum) stating that the problem might indeed be iTunes itself as it didn't work properly with the Firefly Media Server (mt-daapd) after upgrading to iTunes 10. I just tried the same with the Computer of my flat mate (Mac OS 10.6/iTunes 10.4) and it worked. So it seems to be again a problem of iTunes 10.5 (beta). Hopefully Apple will fix this bug before release. Thanks for the help!

Remo
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:10/15/2011 5:20:00 AM # 8
Update: I read in the Apple newsgroups that iTunes 10.5 again breaks firefly media server (aka iTunes Media Server), regardless if it's on Mac or PC. Are there people with the same issue?

David
Level :
Tech Points : 5
Posted:10/23/2011 9:56:00 AM # 9
I have the same exact issue running latest firmware and iTunes. The shared icon is there but when you click on it nothing happens and it returns to the iTunes Music library. Update: My wife's laptop is running iTunes 9 and indeed she is still able to play mp3 from the NAS. Looks like the iTunes 10 theory is confirmed.

Remo
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:10/24/2011 6:13:00 AM # 10
Obviously; thanks for your feedback! I also found now the reason. It seems as if Itunes 10.5 requires a new tag (SupporsUpdate), which is described here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3372281?start=30&tstart=0 There is also a patch for mt-daapd, but I didn't yet test if it works.

1 2  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.