Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > Sabertooth P67  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]16 GB RAM Problem New Topic
Ned-2600
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:9/20/2011 1:38:00 AM # 1
Hi everybody, I just build a new gaming PC with this Setup: CPU: Intel i7 2600K 3,4 Ghz (Overclock version) CPU Fan: Zalman CNPS9900 MAX RED RAM: G.Skill 16 GB DDR3-1333mhz Quad-Kit F3-10666CL7Q-16GBXH Motherboard: SABERTOOTH P67 -=Rev.3.0=- (Intel® P67 Express) GPU: ASUS GT440 1GB GDDR5 Power Supply: be quiet! Straight PowerE8 CM 580W DVD-reWriters Serial-ATA: Samsung SH-222AB (22 / 8 / 16 speed) Solid State Drive 2,5 inch SATA: Consair CSSD-F90GB3-BK (90 GB) SATA Hard disk: 2x Western Digital WD20EARX 2TB PC Case: Aerocool XPredator Evil Black Edition Big Tower But the weird thing is that if I use 16GB of RAM, my pc dont want to start and the red MemOK! LED is on. But if I use 8GB of RAM my PC will start like any normal PC does. So my question is how can i fix? I find it very sad that 8GB is now beside me and can't do anyhing. If u have questions please ask me (I know my english is bad :( ) Regards, Ned-2600 p.s. I hope there is coming a New BIOS Update so i can run my new RAM

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Ulrich
Level :
Tech Points : 18321
Posted:9/20/2011 4:56:00 AM # 2
Hi Ned..

That kit has been qualified by G.Skill for the board... so it should work OK...

http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=348&c1=&c2=&search=RjMtMTA2NjZDTDdRLTE2R0JYSA==

Will any two of the modules installed in A2 and B2 boot the system and show as 8GB...?

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
ManMountain
Level :
Tech Points : 43
Posted:9/20/2011 5:45:00 AM # 3
If you haven't already, update BIOS to 1850. In your BIOS is your memory set to use the XMP profile? Keep your 8GB installed and check in BIOS under AI Tweaker, locate the "AI Overclock tuner" and change from the default AUTO to X.M.P. Once changed, power off and insert all 4 memory modules and see if it POSTs. If that doesn't work, turn of system, with all memory modules still installed, power on but press and hold the MemOK! switch on motherboard until the DRAM LED blinks. It takes around 30 seconds for each failsafe setting. If the first test fails, system will move onto alternate test settings (DRAM LED blinking will change). To cancel the testing, power off and remove power cord for 10 seconds. It could be that you have a faulty motherboard DIMM socket but if none of this works, I'd lean more towards the likelihood that the DRAM is faulty.

[Chasis] Corsair Obsidian 700D [Mobo] Asus Sabertooth P67 (3209 BIOS) [CPU] i7-2600K / Corsair H60 [RAM] Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 [GPU] MSI 570GTX [PSU] Corsair TX 750W [Storage] 120GB OCZ Agility 3 / 11 TB HDD / Optiarc AD-7240S DVDRW [Display] Hanns.G HG281DJ 28in LCD Monitor [OS] Windows 7 Enterprise x64 SP1
Ned-2600
Level :
Posted:9/22/2011 1:05:00 AM # 4

Quote:
Author: Ulrich Posted: 9/20/2011 4:56:00 AM

Hi Ned..

http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=348&c1=&c2=&search=RjMtMTA2NjZDTDdRLTE2R0JYSA==

Will any two of the modules installed in A2 and B2 boot the system and show as 8GB...?

Well i tested both A2 and B2 slots but the red DRAM Led was on, I even tried a MEMOK! test procedure but i didnt worked out so this didnt helped me that much :\ p.s. On the G.Skill Product page of my RAM stands Sabertooth P67?, but just to remind you I have a Sabertooth P67 Revision 3.0 so i think that compatiblity list is outdated

Ned-2600
Level :
Posted:9/22/2011 1:09:00 AM # 5

Quote:
Author: ManMountain Posted: 9/20/2011 5:45:00 AM

If you haven't already, update BIOS to 1850. In your BIOS is your memory set to use the XMP profile? Keep your 8GB installed and check in BIOS under AI Tweaker, locate the "AI Overclock tuner" and change from the default AUTO to X.M.P. Once changed, power off and insert all 4 memory modules and see if it POSTs. If that doesn't work, turn of system, with all memory modules still installed, power on but press and hold the MemOK! switch on motherboard until the DRAM LED blinks. It takes around 30 seconds for each failsafe setting. If the first test fails, system will move onto alternate test settings (DRAM LED blinking will change). To cancel the testing, power off and remove power cord for 10 seconds. It could be that you have a faulty motherboard DIMM socket but if none of this works, I'd lean more towards the likelihood that the DRAM is faulty.

Well at first to start my BIOS was already updated to 1850 Secondly... XMP did worked fine for at 8GB of RAM but 16GB wont do it, i tried a MEMOK! Test procedure but that even didnt worked out still a red LED light :\ and last but not least: It cant be the DRAM that's faulty because I tried those 2 other RAM sticks in the A1 and A2 slots as 8GB before and that worked out fine So this didnt worked out for me too :(

Ulrich
Level :
Posted:9/22/2011 4:30:00 AM # 6

Quote:
Author: Ned-2600 Posted: 9/22/2011 1:05:00 AM

Quote:

Hi Ned..

Well i tested both A2 and B2 slots but the red DRAM Led was on, I even tried a MEMOK! test procedure but i didnt worked out so this didnt helped me that much :\ p.s. On the G.Skill Product page of my RAM stands Sabertooth P67?, but just to remind you I have a Sabertooth P67 Revision 3.0 so i think that compatiblity list is outdated

Hi Ned..

I wouldn't think that would make any diffierence... but I think  you reported initially that 8GB worked....   Are you reporting now that 8GB doesn't work...?

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
Ned-2600
Level :
Posted:9/22/2011 9:51:00 AM # 7

Quote:
Author: Ulrich Posted: 9/22/2011 4:30:00 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Hi Ned..

Hi Ned..

I wouldn't think that would make any diffierence... but I think  you reported initially that 8GB worked....   Are you reporting now that 8GB doesn't work...?

Well 8GB works always in my PC!!! but if I add 8GB more to the mainboard then the PC wont start up, a black no signal screen and a red LED for MEMOK! lights up (what doesnt help me any futher)

Ned-2600
Level :
Posted:10/6/2011 10:06:00 PM # 8

Quote:
Author: Ned-2600 Posted: 9/22/2011 9:51:00 AM

Quote:
Author: Ulrich Posted: 9/22/2011 4:30:00 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Hi Ned..

Hi Ned..

Well 8GB works always in my PC!!! but if I add 8GB more to the mainboard then the PC wont start up, a black no signal screen and a red LED for MEMOK! lights up (what doesnt help me any futher)

Hi Ulrich, Could you ask the ASUS to make a new BIOS which supports a lot of new memory including my Memory for the Sabertooth P67 Revision 3.0? That should fix the problems because it only recognized 8 GB of RAM in my A1 & A2 slots but I need to get the same on the B1 & B2 slots I hope they will make a new BIOS Regards, Ned-2600

Ulrich
Level :
Posted:10/6/2011 10:15:00 PM # 9
Hi Ned..

I don't think it is a BIOS issue..  16GB is available for the board

http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.aspx?model=SABERTOOTH%20P67&Cat=RAM

The issue is memory banking/chip select/ stacking issue.. a memory module construction situation.  The board can use 32GB.. but you need a kit set up properly to do that. 

Nevertheless, I will pass this thread along...

Ulrich
Level :
Posted:10/10/2011 9:05:00 PM # 10
Hi Ned..

I don't think it is a BIOS issue..  16GB is available for the board

http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.aspx?model=SABERTOOTH%20P67&Cat=RAM

The issue is memory banking/chip select/ stacking issue.. a memory module construction situation.  The board can use 32GB.. but you need a kit set up properly to do that. 

Nevertheless, I will pass this thread along...

EDIT#

I received the following response from Asus TS..

There is no similar issue reported at present.
According to the issue mentioned by the customer, seems that he could only get two memory modules work on A1 and A2 slot.
Would you help to confirm with him about the following questions?
Could every memory slot work well separately with the G.Skill memory?
If just connect two memory modules to A2 and B2 slots( do not connect another other memory module ), what would happen?
And what about A1 and B1 slots?

He could consider to update the BIOS to 2001 for a further check.
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=1&s=39&m=Sabertooth%20P67&os=30&ft=3&f_name=SABERTOOTH-P67-ASUS-2001.zip#SABERTOOTH-P67-ASUS-2001.zip

And if possible, change some other memory modules and confirm if it is due to the special G.skill memory modules on the motherboard.

1 2  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.