ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > P6X58D-E  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Overclocking Failed New Topic
raulllll
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:8/22/2011 3:05:00 AM # 1
Hello I'm trying to overclock my i7 930 but whatever bclk setting i use will result in failure to post and then an over clocking failed error. I've tried all kinds of voltage settings and combinations but nothing works. Everything else on the board works fine unless in involves increasing bclk. XMP profile works. Tried with a different cpu (920) and different ram.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
John
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 4
Posted:8/22/2011 4:05:00 AM # 2
Hi Raul i'm no technical expert , but this mobo is very picky when it comes to overclocking , it needs high voltages when overclocking , but anyways , did u disable all CPU power saving features ? C1E support , Intel Virtualization , TM and SpeedStep ? turn them off , and u can try a small amount of BCLK first to see if it succeeds , u can start with low voltages for vCore and if it doesn't reach windows then u can increase the voltage by notches untill it does , and make sure ur ram meets the target frequency , and don't go over 1.65v for DRAM Bus voltage . And be careful when overcloking , because for some reason , my mobo is no longer reaching windows , and that was 90% due to overclocking , although , it succeeded with a stable overclock for about a week before that happened .

AJ
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 440
Posted:8/30/2011 8:43:00 AM # 3

Quote:
Author: raulllll Posted: 8/22/2011 3:05:00 AM

Hello I'm trying to overclock my i7 930 but whatever bclk setting i use will result in failure to post and then an over clocking failed error. I've tried all kinds of voltage settings and combinations but nothing works. Everything else on the board works fine unless in involves increasing bclk. XMP profile works. Tried with a different cpu (920) and different ram.

Hi,

These boards are overclocking fools when set up rite.

Also help to post your rig specs as to hardware.
Run mine at 4.51 24/7 and have had it to 5.0 stable but
with high cpu voltage, Not good!!

I run good water cooling to do this but you should have no trouble
getting to 4.0-4.2 with good air cooling.

(Google) the board as to overclocking and you will get the info to get
you going.

HTH

Later 

CM690 II Advanced case/9 fans/P6X58XD-E/i-930 Lapped/ 4.51-24/7/ 6G Corsair 1600 8-8-8-24@1723 Dominator/ CM850W Modular/ 5770x2-CF/Crucial 128g M4 Boot/ WD640g Storage/Lamptron 6 Channel Fan Controller/Plextor & Samsung DVD Burners/ Cooling EK XT/EK 240+XSPC 240+120 Rads/ SB Titanium/Samsung 26"/ Logitech G-15/ Win 7HE 64bit
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.