SEARCH
ASUS Member ID
Password
Forgot password?
Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Wireless > AP_WPC2011  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]ASUS laptop not connecting to internet (Ignore model, had to pick one!) New Topic
Hallow
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:7/7/2011 5:54:00 AM # 1
Bit confused where to put this since there is no laptop or notebook forum (really?) but I guess this is the closest I get. I bought an ASUS brand laptop only a few days ago, an ASUS X53SV. Due to the obscene amount of bloatware on it, I decided to do a fresh install of Windows 7 in order to make it a little cleaner. But unfortunately once I had made the fresh install, the computer is unable to make a connection to the internet. Not through wireless or an Ethernet cable. Now I would guess it has something to do with some piece of software necessary to make the network card work but I might be wrong. Obviously I have access to Internet through other computers and if necesary can download any drivers or files on another computer and transfer via an external hard drive. Any help in solving my problem would be greatly appreciated. I'm planning on calling the ASUS support phone in the morning, but I've dealt with enough customer support services over phone not to have too high hopes there. Hopefully people here will be able to help as well. Again sorry if this is the wrong forum for this, but I couldn't really figure out where else to go. Hallow.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
MChihiro
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:7/30/2011 7:00:00 AM # 2
You must install the driver of your wireless device.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.