Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Multimedia > Xtion PRO  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem][Asus RT-N56U] How do you enable WOL?! New Topic
HHawk
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:6/29/2011 5:52:00 PM # 1
Can someone explain me how to setup WOL (Wake On Lan) for my Asus RT-N56U router? I need it for my FreeNAS, so it's not on 24/7 but can be enable by WOL instead when I need it.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Ulrich
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:7/4/2011 2:47:00 PM # 2
I had the same request for this device. Asus told me the router can not handle WOL. The question is why? on my last D-Link router DIR-825 this feature worked well. I tried it with the newest firmware and it worked two times and afterwards I got never a connect via WAN/WOL. I hope they will find a solution with the next firmware. This is a standard, not a feature!? I did another test this morning. I set the NAs to a fixed IP Adress (LAN/DHCP). Than I configured the virtual server to Port 9 external and internal, for the protocol I used both (UDP/TCP). Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Switch of your router and restart.

HHawk
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:7/8/2011 9:40:00 PM # 3

Quote:
Author: Ulrich Posted: 7/4/2011 2:47:00 PM

I had the same request for this device. Asus told me the router can not handle WOL. The question is why? on my last D-Link router DIR-825 this feature worked well. I tried it with the newest firmware and it worked two times and afterwards I got never a connect via WAN/WOL. I hope they will find a solution with the next firmware. This is a standard, not a feature!? I did another test this morning. I set the NAs to a fixed IP Adress (LAN/DHCP). Than I configured the virtual server to Port 9 external and internal, for the protocol I used both (UDP/TCP). Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Switch of your router and restart.

Thanks for the reply. It really sucks Asus says that the router doesn't support WOL trough WAN. Pffft...

What firmware are you using? 14m?

michael
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:3/31/2012 2:45:00 AM # 4
Has anyone been able to figure out how to use WOL through this expensive router? Is it true it doesn't support it? If it doesn't support this basic router functionality it should state so on the packaging/specifications. Any custom firmware that works? Very disappointed if the router can't support wake on lan.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.