ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > SABERTOOTH 990FX  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Ai Suite II New Topic
koci
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 61
Posted:6/14/2011 3:16:00 AM # 1
I am not able to install ASUS AI Suite II from the Sabertooth DVD or from ASUS downloads please help thanks --It opens the install window and then closes it - no message - my other programs work normally

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Bulldozer 8150, Zalman 9900max, 2@2gb-G.Skill Flairs DDR3 2000, Crosshair V 1102, 2-XFX 6950 crossfired, ssd Sata 6, Win7-64 bit

Tech Points : 4
Posted:6/20/2011 11:12:00 PM # 2
That may not be very helpful, but try downloading the suite from website and give it a try.

fastleo63
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 147
Posted:6/27/2011 6:07:00 AM # 3
I can confirm the problem.
In my case, I installed AiSuite II, and uninstalled it.
But I cannot install it anymore.
Seems that some part of the application still remain in system.
The install program always terminate with an APPCRASH generated by Setup.exe_ASUS AI Suite II, version 1.6.6.6, in module KERNELBASE.dll.

EDIT: I managed to reinstall AiSuite II but at Windows startup I always get a similar error.
The application won't start with another APPCRASH generated by AiSuite, in module KERNELBASE.dll.

CASE / PSU: Antec Sonata III / TruePower New TP-650 | MB: ASUSTeK Sabertooth 990FX BIOS 1604 | CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.4 GHz (NB @ 2.6 GHz) | Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | RAM: G.Skill 24 GB DDR3-1600 CL7-8-8-21-1T | HDD: SSD 256GB SanDisk Extreme + 3 TB HW RAID5 (HighPoint RocketRAID 4310 SAS adapter) | VGA: ASUSTeK Radeon R9 270 DirectCu II OC | O.S.: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro x64
ricnes75
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:6/29/2011 3:19:00 AM # 4
I can not install AiSuite II.............After i mounted my sabertooth 990 i make a fresh install of windows but everytime i tried to install AiSuite i've got the same error .....system can not load application. I've a raid 0 can be a conflict with the raid driver.....
Thanks for the suggestion.

fastleo63
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:6/29/2011 8:17:00 PM # 5
It can't be a RAID confict.
I have a single AHCI boot+system SSD disk connected to SATA6G_1 connector, and 4 data HDDs (RAID-5 on a discrete PCIe x8 HighPoint RocketRAID 4310 host bus adapter), but I experienced the same issues. In addition, as I reported in my previous post, I finally managed to install AiSuite II, but I get a similar error when Windows tries to load the suite at startup.
Forgot to say, the AiSuite II is v1.01.30 for Sabertooth 990FX.

CASE / PSU: Antec Sonata III / TruePower New TP-650 | MB: ASUSTeK Sabertooth 990FX BIOS 1604 | CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.4 GHz (NB @ 2.6 GHz) | Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | RAM: G.Skill 24 GB DDR3-1600 CL7-8-8-21-1T | HDD: SSD 256GB SanDisk Extreme + 3 TB HW RAID5 (HighPoint RocketRAID 4310 SAS adapter) | VGA: ASUSTeK Radeon R9 270 DirectCu II OC | O.S.: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro x64
capitaltpt
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 5
Posted:7/4/2011 7:02:00 AM # 6

Quote:
Author: fastleo63 Posted: 6/29/2011 8:17:00 PM

It can't be a RAID confict.
I have a single AHCI boot+system SSD disk connected to SATA6G_1 connector, and 4 data HDDs (RAID-5 on a discrete PCIe x8 HighPoint RocketRAID 4310 host bus adapter), but I experienced the same issues. In addition, as I reported in my previous post, I finally managed to install AiSuite II, but I get a similar error when Windows tries to load the suite at startup.
Forgot to say, the AiSuite II is v1.01.30 for Sabertooth 990FX.

Disable any Antivirus programs first and then try again.  Not sure what the issue is, but I have heard several people talk about it.  Personally, I haven't had an issue installing it on Windows 7 x64 on a Crucial C300 SSD.

theDonik
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:7/31/2011 9:57:00 PM # 7
I've tried all of the above suggestions with my W764 installation, to no avail. Any other suggestions as to what I might be able to do? I know a lot of people say not to even bother with it, but I would like to see if it fits my needs or not. Thank you.

fastleo63
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:8/3/2011 4:20:00 PM # 8
Installed!
But I can't say exactly how...
I removed the suite, and manually found and deleted all traces in registry.
I rebooted and run this patcher:
http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?model=P8P67&f_name=AI_Suite_II_Patcher.zip&f_type=14&os=29
I rebooted a second time, re-run the patcher.
Then I launched the setup, and finally the Ai Suite II was up and running.
Note that my antivirus suite (G Data) wasn't the cause of the problem, because it was always set to active and running during AiSuite II installation.

n9nu
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 9
Posted:8/5/2011 12:40:00 AM # 9
If you are updating the Asus Suite II (via d/l from Asus), you should make sure that the 3 Asus Windows Services are running via automatic or manual mode. If any of the 3 services are DISABLED, you will get that exact error....as I did. I forgot to re-enable the services before I re-installed AI Suite II.

To do that, just open the 'run' command from within your Windows Program Launcher (The Windows button on your keyboard) and type 'services.msc' and locate the 3 Asus services near the top and double check them. You can also get to the services.msc via Control Panel---> Administrative Tools----> Services option

If you didn't disable those services before, then they are probably set to Auto or Manual already.

Tim

Asus 990FX Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance | OCZ Agility II x 2 RAID 0 | nVidia 590 Reference GPU | PRO TOOLS LE AUDIO SYSTEM | AMD Phenom II X6 1100T | I-Inc 28" HD LED | PC Power & Cooling 1000W PSU | Thermaltake Armour Case | Liquid Cooled CPU | Glyph PCI-E SATA-III RAID Controller
n9nu
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 9
Posted:8/5/2011 12:41:00 AM # 10
If you are updating the Asus Suite II (via d/l from Asus), you should make sure that the 3 Asus Windows Services are running via automatic or manual mode. If any of the 3 services are DISABLED, you will get that exact error....as I did. I forgot to re-enable the services before I re-installed AI Suite II.

To do that, just open the 'run' command from within your Windows Program Launcher (the Windows button on your keyboard) and type 'services.msc' and locate the 3 Asus services near the top and double check them. You can also get to the services.msc via Control Panel---> Administrative Tools----> Services option

If you didn't disable those services before, then they are probably set to Auto or Manual already.

Tim

Asus 990FX Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance | OCZ Agility II x 2 RAID 0 | nVidia 590 Reference GPU | PRO TOOLS LE AUDIO SYSTEM | AMD Phenom II X6 1100T | I-Inc 28" HD LED | PC Power & Cooling 1000W PSU | Thermaltake Armour Case | Liquid Cooled CPU | Glyph PCI-E SATA-III RAID Controller
1 2  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.