ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > M4A78LT-M  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Microphone dont works in WIndows 7 New Topic
delta127
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:5/1/2011 6:54:00 PM # 1
Hello !!! The microphone does not work in Windows 7 SP1. I have tested with three different versions of the VIA drivers and the Windows driver and nothing. I tested the microphone on another computer and it works.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
batkinson001
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 5
Posted:5/1/2011 9:41:00 PM # 2
if the one on the motherboard doesn't work, how about the one on the case (usually the front, mine's on the top) if it is hooked up to the motherboard?

also, check to see if the microphone port is disabled in windows.  (right click on the volume icon in  the task bar, select recording devices from the menu)...  Mine's enabled but currently muted since it doesn't have a mic plugged in.

(my only gripe with the motherboard audio is that when I plug in a headphone into the green port it automatically switches audio output from my tv (HDMI) to the headphones, which I do not want, just want to use the headset for Ventrillo with all other sound still coming from the tv)

Hopefully your mic port isn't defective...

delta127
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:5/2/2011 4:39:00 PM # 3
I tried both the front port and in the back and does not work. I've seen in other forums that is a bug in Windows 7

delta127
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:5/5/2011 4:11:00 AM # 4
HELP ME !!!! Thanks :)

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: Ulrich New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.