ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > Z7S WS  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Asus N53j laptop won't boot from dvd New Topic
David
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:4/9/2011 2:11:00 PM # 1
Since there's no forum for notebooks, i had to post here. But, my Asus N53j laptop will not boot form a dvd. I've changed all the bio boot options, even removing the hard drive ENTIRELY from the choices. When the system powers on, the DVD drive lights flicker for a moment, then nothing for a few seconds, then lo and behold it boots form the HDD. the dvds i've used are all working in every other system in the house. I have checked them and rechecked them. When i've booted to windows, i can use the DVD rom fine, so there are no problems with reading the contents of DVDs. i'm stumped, but i need to boot to the windows recovery console to fix something. But i can't. This makes me wonder what good it was that i burned those recovery DVDs when i first got the computer. What use are they if the systme won't boot from dvd?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Ulrich
Level :
Tech Points : 18103
Posted:4/15/2011 10:44:00 PM # 2
Hi D..

What I would do is contact Asus support...  or if the unit is having problems now, return it to your reseller. Because these units are so proprietary... special hardware, firmware and software relationships...  suggestions that might apply to a mainboard problem aren't much use.

http://livesupport.asus.com/products_nb.html

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.