Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Multimedia > O!Play HD2  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem][FW]Freezing and format issue New Topic
alpoint
Level :
Tech Points : 55
Posted:4/19/2011 3:38:00 AM # 11
but the big problem isn't this freez format but all firmware who crash in every menu !!

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
DS-StrangeR
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 5
Posted:4/19/2011 3:42:00 PM # 12
Any ideas when new firmware going to be released ?

ASUS_CS
Level :
Tech Points : 320
Posted:4/20/2011 4:37:00 PM # 13

Quote:
Author: alpoint Posted: 4/19/2011 3:38:00 AM

but the big problem isn't this freez format but all firmware who crash in every menu !!
   Hi
  According to your description we unable to find  the problem, please provide more detailed steps of the operation or the information, we fast for you to solve problem .
1. Is the power on to happen? 
2.If you are not connected to any hard drive will happen?
3.If only internal hard disk will then happen?
4.If only external hard drive would then happen?
5.Your current software version?

Thanks

alpoint
Level :
Posted:4/21/2011 1:22:00 AM # 14
Hi Sorry for my english but i want help you First I have last version firmware and ethernet cable for connection on my network connections who provide three Pc and one Apple TV2. One big problem is in bitorrent application. After i have upload torrent file I press Start "O! play" menu in Chrome you can never really tell whether they are downloading or not, because the screen shows only a static menu that read "IDLE", "VERIFING .... For seeing if is finish downloading I press stop on O!play torrent browser menu for refresh. By acting in this way, the download often stops and starts more corrupt the file that was being created and will no longer be erased through the menu from the SAMBA menu or file menù of O!PLAY HD2. Many times when you are doing this operation he going in crash and my ADSL line too!!! I using on 1 tera Wester digital Hard Disk and i format on Pc than on O!Oplay i tried to format in other ways but always with the same results. Finally, other times it has happened to me while watching a movie crashed with the device I / O error at same point.

ASUS_CS
Level :
Tech Points : 320
Posted:4/22/2011 4:26:00 PM # 15

Quote:
Author: alpoint Posted: 4/21/2011 1:22:00 AM

Hi Sorry for my english but i want help you First I have last version firmware and ethernet cable for connection on my network connections who provide three Pc and one Apple TV2. One big problem is in bitorrent application. After i have upload torrent file I press Start "O! play" menu in Chrome you can never really tell whether they are downloading or not, because the screen shows only a static menu that read "IDLE", "VERIFING .... For seeing if is finish downloading I press stop on O!play torrent browser menu for refresh. By acting in this way, the download often stops and starts more corrupt the file that was being created and will no longer be erased through the menu from the SAMBA menu or file menù of O!PLAY HD2. Many times when you are doing this operation he going in crash and my ADSL line too!!! I using on 1 tera Wester digital Hard Disk and i format on Pc than on O!Oplay i tried to format in other ways but always with the same results. Finally, other times it has happened to me while watching a movie crashed with the device I / O error at same point.
  Hi
   Can you provide us the brand and model of the HDD information? We need to do experiments.
   Thank you very much.

alpoint
Level :
Posted:4/23/2011 4:14:00 PM # 16
my hard disk is one Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1 Tera ST31000528AS Firmware : CC38 Best regards Enrico

Grimson
Level :
Tech Points : 46
Posted:4/23/2011 8:24:00 PM # 17
What I can tell so far:

For some reason the internal SATA bus stops working within a few minutes after starting the player from a longer stand-by period, the hdd doesn't spin down so it still has power.

The "solution" provided here is based on the fact that, if the hdd is formatted by the player it will also contain a swap partition. Most people with linux knowledge know that if you remove a drive with an active swap partition bad things happen and the kernel crashes in most cases. This is what's causing the player to crash.
So you actually don't need to delete/format all partitions, just deleting the swap partition should help with the crashes.
But as this is only a symptom of the problem and not the cause, which is that the SATA bus stops working, it will not help with the "disapearing" of the hdd but just with the complete player crashes that happen in the same moment.

As for the reason the SATA bus stops working, this could be a problem with the kernel driver, but it could also be a hardware bug. I'll try to see if a complete software reboot (sending the reboot command via telnet) will prevent this, in this case it could be used (at least in custom firmwares) as a short-term work around. This will at least be better that having to fiddle around with the power plug.

ozdil
Level :
Posted:4/27/2011 12:16:00 AM # 18
i also have freezing problem. i/o error. i have asus hd2 the internal drive is wd green 2tb after 10-20 minutes the unit freezes then error message appear on the screen.the remote functions. but the hdd is missing. only a cold start (power off) cures the problem. i did format the hdd with asus o play. i did not try to format it with a pc. my pc runs winxp 32 bit. sp3. a lot of people have this problem and i think that the problem is with your firmware. i will wait for a new release for awhile. if no firmware is released i will throw the unit from the window... i am very disappointed. i have chosen asus for support but there is no support.

soplus
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 56
Posted:4/27/2011 3:30:00 PM # 19
Yesterday I removed swap partition from HD2 HDD (during format Linux made 2 partitions) and set main partition as active under Windows. Since yesterday no crashes, no I/O errors but I will keep on testing. I am running modified firmware from MoServices.

Dead Can Dance
ozdil
Level :
Posted:4/27/2011 6:40:00 PM # 20
by the way the unit came with firmware 1.11 and there were no freezing problems. i did update it. now its running 1.15 and have problems.

First  Prev  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ...  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.