ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Multimedia > O!Play HD2  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem][FW]Freezing and format issue New Topic
M
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:2/22/2012 5:20:00 PM # 91
So is it difficult to fix this bug? Clear cache or RAM by pressing power button on the remote control? Nonsense...

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
TEST_DRIVER
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 234
Posted:2/23/2012 2:14:00 AM # 92
Pressing power button on remote doesn't solve my problem, I can't leave the unit in stand-by or if I do, I have to unplug it from mains if the unit was in stand-by for more than 12 hours.
Doing that the unit never crashes.

M
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:2/23/2012 5:36:00 PM # 93
Yes I know this procedure. But I am trying to understand is it difficult for ASUS team to correct this bug. They are making new firmwares with mystic fixes. But I think they need to fix main function - TURN ON O!Play correctly. Or I want too much ???

Georgios
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 58
Posted:2/24/2012 5:15:00 PM # 94
  If it is a software issue, you are correct, it should have been resolved by now. But you are assuming it is that. It might as well be a hardware design flaw that they cannot correct using updated firmware, or even a part failure that qualifies for a product return, as a few people have suggested. What is certain about this hd2 problem though, is that we can bypass it by plugging the device out of the mains when it is not used. Using a remote controlled socket is simply another, more convenient, way to do just that.

Aleksey2010
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:3/14/2012 7:04:00 PM # 95
Tell me, if I plug my USB drive freezing and format issue?

Luís
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:4/7/2012 10:10:00 PM # 96
Hi There I bought my device 3 mounths ago, and have last firmware on it. The I/O message error happends every time i tried to watch a movie, sometimes listening to MP3 files and ocasionaly on NAS function. Every time the HDD disappear and i have to uplug device to fix the problem. I contacted ASUS and they tell me that my HDD it is not listed in the hard disk device compatible list. So i bought new HDD compatible, but the problem continues. With USB Pen drives ir works fine. The HDD was formatted NTFS in my Windows 7 PC, and the disk it´s full operational and new. It is shameless to ASUS that this problem, as i can see in forum, happend more than a year ago and there´s no solution to it. For me, i do not recomend it to anyone, and have already indicated a friend not to buy ASUS, but to buy WD that is what i should have done.
Quote:
Author: Aleksey2010 Posted: 3/14/2012 7:04:00 PM

Tell me, if I plug my USB drive freezing and format issue?

Luís
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:4/26/2012 5:58:00 PM # 97
Hi there Is anyone interest to buy a new O!Play HD2 device? It is the worst crap i ever bought! It freezes all the time and ASUS don´t answer to my question. If the support wants i offer my device so you can duplicate problem, because it happens all the time - watching video, accessing NAS functio, listening to music. It sucks!!!!! Shame on you!

Georgios
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 58
Posted:4/27/2012 5:49:00 PM # 98
  I would suggest that you plug your hd2 into the mains only when you want to watch or listen to something, and after finishing with the unit, that you plug your hd2 out of the mains. It's a bit of a hassle, but if that works out for you and the freezing stops, I would then suggest that you go buy a remote controlled socket in which to plug the hd2 into, in order to automate this process. That way you can give power to the socket to power on the hd2 and when done, after shutting down the hd2 you can turn off the socket too.

Jordan
Level :
Posted:7/10/2012 4:22:00 PM # 99
Hi I thought I would jump on here as I was experiencing some of this issues mentioned throughout this thread, however my problem is fixed.

Issue: When streaming movies and browsing files from my PC over the LAN my Asus unit would freeze periodically for approx 10-15 seconds then become responsive again. I have no HDD in the unit. Firmware is at 2.0.5_11.

I took the unit in to be replaced. My replacement unit displayed the exact same problems as the first.

Fix: I turned off DHCP and assigned a static IP address. Problem solved, 100% smooth playback and responsive file browsing across the LAN.

Hope this helps someone.

REIMOND
Level :
Posted:9/26/2012 5:08:00 PM # 100
Posted:4/27/2012 5:49:00 PM # 98 I would suggest that you plug your hd2 into the mains only when you want to watch or listen to something, and after finishing with the unit, that you plug your hd2 out of the mains. It's a bit of a hassle, but if that works out for you and the freezing stops, I would then suggest that you go buy a remote controlled socket in which to plug the hd2 into, in order to automate this process. That way you can give power to the socket to power on the hd2 and when done, after shutting down the hd2 you can turn off the socket too. Thank you for the tip. A simple (temporary)solution for the problem. No more The I/O errors, no more freezing. It surely works. Now we wait for ASUS to fix the shutdown (and restart) problem.

First  Prev  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ...  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.