ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > Sabertooth X58  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Sabertooth X58 MARVELL nightmare New Topic
MST
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 46
Posted:3/29/2011 8:56:00 PM # 1
I have it since a couple of days and it is a complete disaster. Last time while copying 200GB from external HDD to RAID1 MARVELL 2xWD1002FEAX 64M 6GB .... blue screen. While analyzing MINI DUMP from WIN7 64 discovered marvell driver caused this crap I understand this is new mobo but ASUS releasing this "MILITARY" standard marketing lying could improve at least what this mobo has one of the biggest features 6GB HDD 2 x SATA ...... What I can do to fix that problem experts? New driver? Nada at this time is only what available on ASUS CD with Sabertooth X58

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
MST
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/29/2011 9:38:00 PM # 2
MY MARVELL RAID1 is set to use IDE ....... from reading on this firum this could be the problem "change the SATA controller from IDE to AHCI, update using the latest Marvell driver, flash to latest BIOS, etc" - well this is nothing new; however no 100% solution was found.

MST
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/29/2011 9:36:00 PM # 3
I was able to find the link http://www.behardware.com/news/lire/11-01-2011/ with new The Marvell AHCI 1.0.0.1051s dated 22/11/2010 but not sure if this is the one for sabertooth X58

MST
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/29/2011 10:03:00 PM # 4
I like this statement: "The 91xx controllers have more bugs then a rain forest that present in every conceivable role you'd want to use the device, this has been widely experienced and discussed on every forum where products containing 91xx controllers are reviewed or sold" Well I think it is a time to switch to ICH10 and disable this piece of sh..... crap EOT

Cole
Level :
Tech Points : 267
Posted:3/30/2011 8:45:00 AM # 5
Do not mean to sound 'smart', or to offend, but I have read this entire thread three times in a row..
I really do not understand what the problem is from your writeup so am at a complete loss to try to help.  Many of us have had great performance with this board.

Please, go back thru the situation and explain your setup, and actually what is going wrong and when very thoroughly.  If we cannot understand we cannot offer meaningful assistance.

The quoted links added nothing to the story either.

i7-950 on Sabertooth, 12 GB GSkill, Asus 460 GTX TOP REPLACED with HD6950, Kingston 120 GB SSD, 1 TB & 2 TB HDD on 6 Gb/s ports, 750W PC P&C, + several lessor computers
Rick
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 11
Posted:4/10/2011 3:30:00 AM # 6
Solution; dump the Marvell garbage and just disable it; use only the Intel SATA II-end of problems. Marvell is complete garbage and does not work no matter what.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: Ulrich New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.