Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Broken 4-pin Connector New Topic
dimitris21
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 4
Posted:2/9/2011 10:19:00 PM # 1
Hello all,

I have a problem with the power connector on the card,where the 4-in molex cable goes.
One of the 4 pins on the card was bented when pulling off-and on- the cable,and now ofcourse no power is received from the card.
Since the local reseller won;t change the card since, as he claims, it's not his fault that the pin was so easily broken,nor can he repair it, i wanted to try fixing it myself.
So i thought i should try the following and hopefully the guys from Asus can give some pointers:

Remove the plastic cap from the pins on the card,cut the 4 pins to a length that they will be vertical(and not turned horizontally as they are from factory) and also,cut the molex cable's head  so that its inside length is shorter to match the newly cut shorter pins and make full contact. Of course that would mean that the connector pins would now be in a vertical position(facing downwards and not turning) and not horizontal/parallel as they were.

Another option,probably easier, would be to strengthen the pins by welding them right on the turning point,particularly the pin which is broken ofcourse.That should allow power to flow from the cable to the card again,hopefully.

Anyone else had problem with the power connector and/or attempted to fix it?

Or anyone from Asus can point out a resolution on how to make the power connector operational again?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
dimitris21
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:2/11/2011 3:27:00 AM # 2
Or even is there an alternative to giving more power to the card other than that molex connector?

dimitris21
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:2/12/2011 4:10:00 AM # 3
Problem Solved:  -------- http://img823.imageshack.us/i/dsc00266j.jpg/ ------------- We Cut the old connector off,installed and welded new connector and strengthened with silicon. Works like a charm and is 1000% more stable than the original, and there's no fear now when plugging-in and unplugging.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: yoyolai New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.