Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > A8N32-SLI Deluxe  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]resetting the cmos on the A8N32-SLI Deluxe New Topic
velocci
Level :
Tech Points : 54
Posted:1/28/2011 1:02:00 AM # 1
Hi there, my PC is not booting. I read in a troubleshooting guide on the internet that one thing I should try is to reset the CMOS. anyone know how to do this on the Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Ulrich
Level :
Tech Points : 18146
Posted:1/28/2011 1:20:00 AM # 2
Hi V..

Do you still have the user manual...?  If so, the CLRTC procedure is explained in the 'Jumper' section...

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
velocci
Level :
Posted:1/28/2011 1:47:00 AM # 3
got it. thanks

velocci
Level :
Posted:1/28/2011 10:08:00 PM # 4
when i got home last night, i followed the instructions to reset my cmos. i did it without the 6pin plug going into my pcie video card and no hardrive plugged in. it turned on, but no beep and no booting. power was there. so i turned it off, plugged in the pcie plug and the hardrive. then turned on my PC and it worked. I pressed F2 to set the defaults on my bios. then it started booting to the OS. i didn't have time to continue so I turned off the PC. this morning I turned on the PC, and again no beep and no booting, but there is power. i reset the cmos again but it didn't change anything. Other than changing the cmos battery, is there anything else I can try besides all the obvious things?

Ulrich
Level :
Posted:1/28/2011 10:47:00 PM # 5
Hi V...

Sometimes is helps to remove all but one memory module ... I take it that you did the CLRTC procedure with the power supply unplugged... 

You need to go through that procedure once again but this time, after removing the battery and shifting the jumper to pins 2&3, and while toughing some bare metal part of the case, hold in on the reset button on the front of your case for 30 seconds to totally discharge the board and power supply electronics.  Then replace the battery and shift the CLRTC jumper back to pins 1&2, plug in and see if the system will boot.

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
velocci
Level :
Posted:1/28/2011 11:15:00 PM # 6
ok i'll try that, thanks. when you say reset button, do you mean the power button? cause I have a power button and a seperate reset button.

Ulrich
Level :
Posted:1/28/2011 11:22:00 PM # 7
Hi V..

If your case down't have a reset button, then you can't do that part of the procedure...  I'm surprised the case doesn't have one.  Just to be clear, is there anything connected to the reset pins on the system panel connector?

The power button is usually a snap switch that momentarily grounds the power supply.. what you want is a continuous ground for 30 secongs or so.

velocci
Level :
Posted:1/28/2011 11:28:00 PM # 8
no, my case has a power button and a reset button (connected to the motherboard). my PSU has a power switch aswell and i believe turning it off is the same as unplugging it, which i've already done.

Ulrich
Level :
Posted:1/28/2011 11:30:00 PM # 9
Hi v...

If there is a reset button than you can do the procedure.. and unplug the power supply... just to be on the safe side.

velocci
Level :
Posted:1/31/2011 10:16:00 PM # 10
Hi, this didn't work. the power stays on now, but no beeps, nothing on the screen.

1 2  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.