Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Multimedia > O!Play HDP-R1  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]How to run HD2 firmware? New Topic
wisetuna
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:3/4/2011 7:45:00 AM # 81
AVG reports asus/o!direct/server.exe as malware and quarantines it. Is this false reporting? Should I be worried about allowing the file to run?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Poker
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 305
Posted:3/4/2011 9:26:00 AM # 82

Quote:
Author: wisetuna Posted: 3/4/2011 7:45:00 AM

AVG reports asus/o!direct/server.exe as malware and quarantines it. Is this false reporting? Should I be worried about allowing the file to run?

There is no virus, it sees it as a server and thinks it may be a security threat. It is a false positive.
After installing it, it would be a good idea to allow it through Windows Firewall also.

Phr3d
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 45
Posted:3/5/2011 1:28:00 PM # 83
Hi Poker,

(quote didn't work, sorry)
Firewall is open,right click on vob, IFO and jpg files, choose O!Direct and get error message
'No Device Found'
'Check PC/Device network connection'

I am currently FTP connected to O!Play, any ideas what I did wrong?
(XPsp2, avast, wired, R1 with HD2R3.1 firmware)
If you have any idea how to make opera-pandora do something besides reboot the O!Play, I'd like to try that as well.
Thanx!

EDIT: nevermind, after going through everything to learn about all the new stuff, I never bothered to do a basic test of the functionality of the HD2 firmware. It does not handle the /VIDEO_TS/xx.VOB method of DVD-ripping at all well, play from folder doesn't work and play from .IFO results in long pauses between each .VOB file. Play / pause button takes up to four seconds to actually pause or play the video, chapters may or may not work, and lastly, subtitles do not work at all, although forced subs DO work. I didn't bother to test a Blu / HD-DVD rip since DVD support was apparently ISO-centric, and since the variations among ISO's has always been all over/non-standard in the ten years I've been DVD-ripping, the possibility of ever using that is zero (I just don't have the patience to go through alchohol, blind,anydvd,nero,and/or any of the other hundred ISO-makers that refuse to play nice and standardize - ISO is utter shyt - standard DVD format is shrinkable, and Standard). Drives must be completely re-indexed every reboot, many of which are from lock-ups. 10+ min to index the two 2TB USB drives here.
So off to 1.35N here, hope the bootcode change doesn't make the OEM firmware operate slowly.

Hylong
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 45
Posted:3/9/2011 9:48:00 PM # 84

Quote:
Author: Phr3d Posted: 3/5/2011 1:28:00 PM

Hi Poker,

(quote didn't work, sorry)
Firewall is open,right click on vob, IFO and jpg files, choose O!Direct and get error message
'No Device Found'
'Check PC/Device network connection'

I am currently FTP connected to O!Play, any ideas what I did wrong?
(XPsp2, avast, wired, R1 with HD2R3.1 firmware)
If you have any idea how to make opera-pandora do something besides reboot the O!Play, I'd like to try that as well.
Thanx!

EDIT: nevermind, after going through everything to learn about all the new stuff, I never bothered to do a basic test of the functionality of the HD2 firmware. It does not handle the /VIDEO_TS/xx.VOB method of DVD-ripping at all well, play from folder doesn't work and play from .IFO results in long pauses between each .VOB file. Play / pause button takes up to four seconds to actually pause or play the video, chapters may or may not work, and lastly, subtitles do not work at all, although forced subs DO work. I didn't bother to test a Blu / HD-DVD rip since DVD support was apparently ISO-centric, and since the variations among ISO's has always been all over/non-standard in the ten years I've been DVD-ripping, the possibility of ever using that is zero (I just don't have the patience to go through alchohol, blind,anydvd,nero,and/or any of the other hundred ISO-makers that refuse to play nice and standardize - ISO is utter shyt - standard DVD format is shrinkable, and Standard). Drives must be completely re-indexed every reboot, many of which are from lock-ups. 10+ min to index the two 2TB USB drives here.
So off to 1.35N here, hope the bootcode change doesn't make the OEM firmware operate slowly.

It's obvious that the modded software is not meant for you. Weather your unit is not configured properly or there is some issues going with your files. On the contrary, the firmware HD2 R3 Blue provide load of features and working wonderfully in my seup. All the files are working flawlessly from mpeg all the up to bluray file structure including ISO image. I do agree with you when the unit start-up it require sometime to index your files. I have 2 external drives ( 2TB eSATA + 2TB USB2) total of 4TB of various types of files. I usually go grab a snack or a drink so I do not how long it take. My wishlist is that the unit can bitstream (pass through HD audio through HDMI)to my receiver. That would make my day.

TSCH
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:3/10/2011 4:08:00 PM # 85
Hello,

is there any chance in the future (or maybe I missed that) that our O!PLAY can display Album/Movie covers when browsing the attached hdd or nas-share?

Kind regards TSCH
adro
Level :
Tech Points : 4
Posted:3/16/2011 3:34:00 AM # 86
Does anyone know how to change the default folder in the Movie menu of the HD2 1.12.06 rev3.1 firmware? When I go into the Movies menu it points to a certain folder on my USB drive. Does anyone know how to change it?

Poker
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/21/2011 1:59:00 AM # 87
1.12.06 rev 3.2 brown skin released:

Upd: 20/03/2011 Revision 3.2 brown skin
1. New functoins (new codes) for pults (all questions toVirtual):
Code_FN FN 0x686C
0x1C '0 0x1C e31c686c
0x1D '1 0x1D e21d686c
0x1E '2 0x1E e11e686c
0x1F '3 0x1F e01f686c
0x20 '4 0x20 df20686c
0x21 '5 0x21 de21686c
0x22 '6 0x22 dd22686c
0x23 '7 0x23 dc23686c
0x24 '8 0x24 db24686c
0x25 '9 0x25 da25686c
0x32 A-B 0x26 d926686c
0x66 BROWSER 0x27 d827686c
0x8F CONFIRM 0x28 d728686c
0x90 SELECT 0x29 d629686c
0x92 MUSIC 0x2A d52a686c
2. Videosettins added in context menu.
3. RSSEx 1.6. replaced with 2.0.7
4. Implemented Ukraine-online
5. Changed irfake to last version, now you can programm power on button in config file
6. Add captute funftion (only for static menu screens), result in /tmp/nfs
start - http:// Player_IP /cgi-bin/IpodCGI.cgi?id=0&command=option_blue or programm on RC with irfake (for Iconbit 7L it works on CONFIRM button).
7. Changes in CZECH, HUNGARIAN, POLISH, PORTUGUESE, RUSSIAN, UKRAINIAN language files
/usr/local/bin/opera_home
/usr/local/bin/IMS_Modules
/usr/local/bin/home_menu
/usr/local/bin/image
/usr/local/bin/scripts
in RW now, you can change it by yourself...

Download

From thread found here

Added:

1.12.06 rev. 3.2 Blue Skin

Download

Wong
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:3/22/2011 10:57:00 AM # 88
Can I switch back to the Asus stock version of firmware?

adro
Level :
Tech Points : 4
Posted:3/22/2011 6:49:00 PM # 89
@Poker

I'm running modded HD2 firmware on my R1 box at the moment. I assume that if I want to upgrade to the latest 1.12.06 rev 3.2 brown skin I just need to follow your instructions from post #2 in this thread, right?

Poker
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/23/2011 7:35:00 AM # 90

Quote:
Author: adro Posted: 3/22/2011 6:49:00 PM

@Poker

I'm running modded HD2 firmware on my R1 box at the moment. I assume that if I want to upgrade to the latest 1.12.06 rev 3.2 brown skin I just need to follow your instructions from post #2 in this thread, right?

If you have bootcode 18 or higher, just use the reset method to load it and/or any other firmware.

1) place install.img on usb stick (alone) and plug it into Oplay
2) press in reset button with small object and disconnect rear power.
3) after about 5 seconds reconnect power and release reset button
4) wait for firmware to load (takes bout 4-5 minutes)

First  Prev  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ...  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.