ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > Striker Extreme  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Striker Extreme Dead, need advice New Topic
Blizzard
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:12/9/2010 6:52:00 AM # 1
Well, first of all, sorry for the next lines in what it's supposed to be english, ask if there's something that can't be understood. My problem is that my striker extreme has died, or that's what I think, I've isolated motherboard, powersupply and the CPU with the ASUS silent squeare cooler attached to it, when I power the motherboard the power led and the buttons on/off - reset and clear cmos start glowing but at medium intensity, then a seconds later it's like they get fully charged, or full power and start glowing normally, but even after that i push the on/off button and nothing happens, the lcd poster display keeps flashing his "blue light" from the moment that the leds "get full power" before that the lcd display is off. this happened after making some changes in my pc so i've already asumed that the motherboard has gone caput. if that's the case, any suggestions for the new motherboard? rules for suggesting: -supports intel's Q6600 processor -fits the silent square cooler personally i would prefer one from the republic of gamers because fits well my needs but i've been looking a while and i'm not sure if the new rog motherboards supports the old quad core Q6600 anyway , thanks for the answers, i will reward with digital smiles --> :) <--- the one who tells me that my striker extreme isn't dead and it can be revived.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Ulrich
Level :
Tech Points : 18323
Posted:12/15/2010 2:10:00 AM # 2

Hi B..

I think maybe you should swap in a different power supply if you haven't done so already.  I wouldn't necessarily go out and buy another one..  if you don't have another to try, see if you can borrow one.

As far as another board is concerned, LGA775 boards are getting a bit scarce.. but you can use this link to see what Asus may have available...

http://www.asus.com/ProductGroup2.aspx?PG_ID=mKyCKlQ4oSEtSu5m

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.