Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > P4P800 Deluxe  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Windows 7 installation on P4P800 deluxe New Topic
yoavain
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:11/22/2010 5:33:00 PM # 1
I want to install windows 7 on my P4P800 Deluxe. The installation does not recognize my 120GB SATA drive. Did anyone manage to solve that? (by a specific configuration in BIOS or by loading drivers during installation) Thanks,

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Ghe
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3703
Posted:11/22/2010 5:54:00 PM # 2
What do you mean by "does not recognize?". Does your BIOS see your HDD? When you boot from the Windows 7 DVD, what is the message you get?

yoavain
Level :
Posted:11/23/2010 1:03:00 AM # 3
First of, thanks for the quick reply. Not only that the BIOS recognize my HDD, the Windows 7 installer recognizes the HDD when I browse to load drivers... But where it needs to show the available drives for installation, it's not there

Ghe
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3703
Posted:11/23/2010 1:16:00 AM # 4
Hi Y, You firstly install Windows and then the drivers. So, you click drive options (advanced) to create and format partitions, click on the partition you want to install Windows and then next. After finishing Windows setup, Update WIndows and install the drivers from the Motherboard/GPU CD or from the manufacturers' sites on Internet.

yoavain
Level :
Posted:11/23/2010 2:10:00 AM # 5
Thanks for the help G. Problem solved: 1. Enable Intel RAID in BIOS 2. Used Hiren's CD to delete all partitions from HDD 3. Loaded Intel drivers (iaa35r) at the beginning of Windows 7 installation After that, HDD was available

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.