Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > P5N-D  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]p5n-D with windows 7 Low Volume from Realtek New Topic
Irwin
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:10/2/2010 12:18:00 PM # 1
Hello, I have a Asus p5n-d motherboard, The regular sound before installing realtek hd audio manager is loud, like it should be but it sounds horrible hence where realtek Hd Audio managaer comes in, After I installed it before, The sound was sounding like around 30% volume and I can not find nothing that fixes it, I want to have this installed, I tried installing other drivers ect. Then I ended up with 3+ Realtek hd audio managers in my notification bar even though I uninstalled them and reset my computer to a earlier date without them installed. I recently upgraded to 7 on a new Hard Drive, so I know its windows 7 regardless, because I boot into my vista hd and the sounds how it was still, so nothings wrong with my board but the realtek drivers its self and I have not gotten a email back yet still. I have tried Multiple things such as open sound and put reduce application volume from 80% (windows 7 default) to none, and nothing seems to be working. Even though its 30% volume, I am not looking to blow my speakers to have them all the way up just to hear it like it would be if the drivers worked. Please help me figure out this problem, Any help would be appreciated.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
AmigaWolf
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 798
Posted:10/2/2010 10:21:00 PM # 2
First of , i have Windows 7 x64 for long time now and i never had any problem with low audio on the Asus P5N-D, from what i know no one has that problem here.

You can try this:

First uninstall the Realtek driver then reset, then start Driver Sweeper, (people say it's best
to start in save mode) and click Realtek - Sound and then click Clean, then you reboot again and
install the newest Realtek driver.

Driver Sweeper 2.5.0:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/Guru3D---Driver-Sweeper-%28Setup%29-download-1655.html

Realtek HD Audio 2.52:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsCheck.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Or faster site:

http://majorgeeks.com/Realtek_High_Definition_Audio_for_Vista_d5513.html

Hope this works for you.

Spects: Tower: Cooler Master HAF 922 SE 2x 200mm fan's + 1x 120mm fan, MB: ASRock X58 Extreme3 with Sata3 and eSata3 and USB3, CPU: Intel Core i7-920 3.66GHz, Memory: Kingston 3x2GB DDR3 PC14900 CL9.0 XMP Tall HS, 1866MHz, GFX Card's: 2x Geforce GTX 460 1GB in SLI, PSU: Seasonic X-750, Hard Disk's: 2x OCZ Vertex 30GB in Raid0, 2x 250GB HD in Raid0, Blu-ray-RW Drive: LG BH10LS30, LCD Screen: Acer GD245HQ Nvidia 3D Vision 24", OS: Windows 7 x64 Ultimate.
Irwin
Level :
Posted:10/3/2010 5:43:00 AM # 3
Hello, I have windows 7 x64 as well, forgot to put that in, but yes Its the realtek driver upgrading from regular sound to realteks. I was looking at this but, Every time I uninstall a driver for sound and restart, windows 7 automatically installs the windows 7 driver again for sound and I would not be able to perform this task, is there a way to do this so it doesnt install the sound card automatically and screw this entire process over and over? And btw, My vista x64 sound is fine, its windows 7 regardless on how they install things for this os.

AmigaWolf
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:10/3/2010 7:07:00 AM # 4
And btw, My vista x64 sound is fine, its windows 7 regardless on how they install things for this os.

If that was so everyone had the same problem as you, and i also had Windows Vista x64 on the Asus
P5N-D MB, and when i install Windows 7 x64 i had the same audio volume as with Vista.

And here you can read how to disable the
Automatic Driver Installation In Windows 7.

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/how-to-disable-automatic-driver-installation-in-windows-vista/

Spects: Tower: Cooler Master HAF 922 SE 2x 200mm fan's + 1x 120mm fan, MB: ASRock X58 Extreme3 with Sata3 and eSata3 and USB3, CPU: Intel Core i7-920 3.66GHz, Memory: Kingston 3x2GB DDR3 PC14900 CL9.0 XMP Tall HS, 1866MHz, GFX Card's: 2x Geforce GTX 460 1GB in SLI, PSU: Seasonic X-750, Hard Disk's: 2x OCZ Vertex 30GB in Raid0, 2x 250GB HD in Raid0, Blu-ray-RW Drive: LG BH10LS30, LCD Screen: Acer GD245HQ Nvidia 3D Vision 24", OS: Windows 7 x64 Ultimate.
Irwin
Level :
Posted:10/3/2010 12:05:00 PM # 5
Ok, None of this helped, I think you are all used to windows 7 sound being low. On top of that, their equalizers are all wrong too, Usually like in vista rock equalizer would give you more bass, On none for equalizer, Im getting more bass then rock now, These drivers are all messed up, I am serious too about this. Please dont try to say its on my end because I know it is not, I did everything ur way then ur way disabling my sound driver installing as well and neither worked. I seriously think you are used to volume being lower now and there is something wrong with realteks drivers. I can not get a reply from them and they have no usa number for technical support. My speakers are not blow either just because of the fact, without realtek installed windows sound is louder, with it installed it is lower, I go on my harddrive with vista on it both are 64 bit btw and the sound is still how it should be so regardless it has to be realtek, and if you disagree please explain, because if realtek can make a windows 7 compatible version of their realtek hd driver for vista wich I use on vista wich is driver 6.0.1.5506 for windows 7 for me to test I would gladly feel free to but unfortunately it will not install. SO please do not say it is me because trust me, I know this and its not just me you are most likely used to lower sound, and I am all about sound quality and know this is messed up.

Irwin
Level :
Posted:10/4/2010 7:19:00 AM # 6
Btw, I have also tried old and new drivers for windows 7, so there all the same problem, Is there a different audio driver besides realtek I can use instead? unless somehow this can get fixed?

AmigaWolf
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:10/4/2010 7:42:00 AM # 7
I seriously think you are used to volume being lower now..

I had Windows Vista for almost 1 year on my Asus P5N-D, and wen i went to Windows 7 i had the same
sound as Vista, not lower sounds then Vista like 30%.

Ant if the sound is lower on the Asus P5N-D in Windows 7, then more people wold say that, but no one
says that here.

But you can try this:

In windows7 go to Sounds>goto Playback>
Pick speakers as output device
Goto Properties>At Levels check if is set at 100%>
Goto Enhancments>enable Loudness Equalisation>
Apply
Should be much louder now...

For little further enhancment ,
and If you have HD realtek soundmanager (R2.37) or newer, in your Control
try a equalizer setting like Classic

Hope this helped.

Irwin
Level :
Posted:10/4/2010 8:05:00 AM # 8
I have done all of that the audio sounds like crap except for how I used to have it, Currently I am on my vista harddrive listening around and it is Much louder then windows 7 i have done all that u said before u even asked me to and yea, Doesnt work. I think it is realtek regardless because this is bs, Multiple people I have asked to check have agreed with my realtek sound did get lower after going to windows 7. Trust me you guys just dont realize it, My speakers are not blown either due to me being on my vista harddrive and its working how it should. Nothing will end up working unless realtek makes a new driver and increase sound output because something is seriously screwed up in their drivers.

AmigaWolf
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:10/5/2010 1:44:00 AM # 9
Then you can only do 4 things:

1. Buy a cheap Sound Card.
2. Only use Windows Vista (and or wait for better drivers).
3. Use Windows 7 and set your speakers a little bit harder.
4. Buy speakers that can go louder.

Sorry, that you got lower sound, i only know that my sound was loud in Windows 7 with the
Asus P5N-D, and i have a cheap 5.1 sound system, the Logitech X-540.

Irwin
Level :
Posted:10/5/2010 2:21:00 AM # 10
I cant buy a cheap soundcard due to I do not have the room in my case due to my graphics cards, My vista is runned down atm and dont want to use it anymore, My speakers will blow due to how high I need them for gaming, and my speakers can go loud hence why I bought them since they are the top gaming 2.1 speakers available wich are razer Mako's, and on top of that ur sound is loud prolly due to 5.1 sound system and not a 2.1 hence why you cant realize that I am right about the low sound, since most people dont use 2.1's anymore and sicne there are more speakers it appears to be louder when they really are not. Btw Im not being rude, Im just stating cold hard facts.

1 2 3  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.