Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > Rampage Extreme  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Intel Rom Version New Topic
Manowski
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:9/23/2010 11:48:00 AM # 1
with bois version 1301 the intel rom is at 7.5. in order to get my new ssd drives to work properly, i need to update the intel raid controller rom to version 8.7. Does anyone have a modded firmware for this or a utility to update the intel rom to version 8.7? Asus, you need to come out with an update for the raid controllers. Is there another board that is close that would update to Intel option rom to something newer? After that do i flash back?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Ulrich
Level :
Tech Points : 18169
Posted:9/27/2010 11:03:00 PM # 2

Hi M..

Did you read this...?

"You cannot, and do not need to, also update your system BIOS to one that includes version 9.5 of the option ROM because version 9.5 of the option ROM does not support the hardware on your system."
http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/imsm/sb/CS-020657.htm

I'm not entirely sure how to interpret that...  does it meany that RTS doesn't need the ROM update... or that the ICH9R can't support an option ROM  version beyond 7.5..?

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
John47
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 93
Posted:10/10/2010 8:46:00 PM # 3
The Option ROM DOES need updating. FYI the last official version for ICH9R is 8.9.0.1023, this is what Intel Included in their DX38BT and DX48BT2 motheroboards

If you require BIOS 1301 with Option ROM 8.9.0.1023 you can download it here
Please note that I patched BIOS 1301 with the RAID Option ROM taken from the Intel DX48BT2. Therefore using this BIOS is entirely at your own risk.

Neither myself, nor ASUS are responsible for any damages caused by using this BIOS.

Having said that, I am happily using my X-25M drives in RAID0 on my Rampage Extreme with this very BIOS. (This is the reason I patched the BIOS).

I have reported this issue to ASUS TSD today, so hopefully they will implement an official fix as it really does need fixing. Gigabyte have updated the ICH9R Roms for their P35, X38 and X48 motherboards to work with the new SSD drives.

John

G
Level :
Tech Points : 126
Posted:5/25/2011 8:35:00 AM # 4
Thank you John I will give it a try.
I hope this one speeds up also the RAID, as it's extremely slow even on RAID 10.

Is there any upgrade for the Marvell "speed disc" available?

Thank you again.

HG

ps Come on ASUS keep your followers updated.

Quote:
Author: John47 Posted: 10/10/2010 8:46:00 PM

The Option ROM DOES need updating. FYI the last official version for ICH9R is 8.9.0.1023, this is what Intel Included in their DX38BT and DX48BT2 motheroboards

If you require BIOS 1301 with Option ROM 8.9.0.1023 you can download it here
Please note that I patched BIOS 1301 with the RAID Option ROM taken from the Intel DX48BT2. Therefore using this BIOS is entirely at your own risk.

Neither myself, nor ASUS are responsible for any damages caused by using this BIOS.

Having said that, I am happily using my X-25M drives in RAID0 on my Rampage Extreme with this very BIOS. (This is the reason I patched the BIOS).

I have reported this issue to ASUS TSD today, so hopefully they will implement an official fix as it really does need fixing. Gigabyte have updated the ICH9R Roms for their P35, X38 and X48 motherboards to work with the new SSD drives.

John

Rampage Extreme, CPU Q9550,Patriot Viper(2x2GB)1600 DDR3, Saphire HD3850, Zalman 750w,Antec Twelve Hundred, Velociraptor 300GB.
John47
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:5/26/2011 2:18:00 AM # 5
Hi G
I suggest you contact ASUS support regarding this issue as they might be able to provide you with an updated BETA BIOS which resolves the issue.
I am aware of a BETA BIOS which ASUS issue out with updated RAID ROM (for ICH9R) and fixed QX Series manual multiplier adjustment.
John

G
Level :
Tech Points : 126
Posted:5/27/2011 8:01:00 AM # 6
Hi John,
   I have updated with the BIOS you posted with the updated Intel firmware.

I do not see any issues, but neither an improvement on RAID 5 creation for a 4 -2tb disk array with WD caviar green advanced formatting...

I wonder if ASUS has tech support reading the forums?... or we need to keep bugging them for updates...

Again,
Thank you John47.
keep up the good work.

Rampage Extreme, CPU Q9550,Patriot Viper(2x2GB)1600 DDR3, Saphire HD3850, Zalman 750w,Antec Twelve Hundred, Velociraptor 300GB.
John47
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:5/27/2011 7:54:00 PM # 7
No problem G :-)
I believe this forums are user-user so you may have to e-mail ASUS directly and request that they look into this for you.
With any luck if more of us keep contacting them they will release a BIOS.
John

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.