Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > M4A785TD-V EVO  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Erratic Mouse Behavior New Topic
FaintDeftone
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:8/16/2010 1:16:00 AM # 1
Hey guys, I just bought the ASUS M4A785RD-V EVO motherboard and built a new PC with it. Everything went smooth with one exception; my nearly new Microsoft Mobile Mouse 6000 mouse has a lot of erratic behavior and jumpy mouse cursor. When I plug this mouse into another computer, it works perfectly, but when it is plugged into any USB port on this ASUS board, the mouse is laggy and jumpy. I'm using Windows Vista and every update available to it, plus I've tried using a generic driver and the one that came with the mouse. Anybody know what could be causing this? I know it isn't a PSU issue because my PSU is new and plenty big. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply

Tech Points : 1229
Posted:8/16/2010 1:49:00 AM # 2

This is clearly a mystery. I do sometimes receive the odd erratic behavior on my mouse and I'm running under Vista.
I haven't figured out as to what the problem is however I do know that it has relevance to irq's.
Delete the current software, keys in safe mode and connect the mouse to a different usb port other then the one that is designated for mouse use. Re-install the software.
Much of the interference should dissappear however I've installed Vista on numerous systems and the behaviour continued with the simplest mouse design's. It must be a compatibility/irq/driver issue within the operating system.
Still waiting for a solution.

[(Asus L1N64 WS/B)]_[-/\-QUADFX AMD 74's (3.2Ghz)-/\-]_[-\/-8GB G.SKILL F2-6400CL5D-\/-]_[-ST350032AS-]_[-EVGA Geforce 8400 GS-]_[-D-Link DWA-552-]_[-OCZ MODX 600W-]_[-Coolermaster Cosmos S-]_[-LG W1943TB-]_[(Windows 7 Pro x64)]_[-(\/)-Resident Evil: 5_On My Beast_-(\/)-]____[-(You will never keep up with Technology)-]
FaintDeftone
Level :
Posted:8/16/2010 1:58:00 AM # 3
That is exactly what I was thinking too. I thought maybe there was something in the BIOS I wasn't aware of that could fix it. I did switch USB ports and installed the driver for it, and flashed and updated the BIOS too. Right now it doesn't seem as bad, but who knows what'll happen later. Thanks for the reply. If anybody else has any suggestions, please let me know.

Garcia
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 5
Posted:8/16/2010 9:16:00 AM # 4
you might also look into making sure no house phones bases/handsets are lying around near by. like on your desktop because half of them today run on the 2.4GHz frequency aswell. along with some rc controllers.

NZXT Lexa S Crafted Series w/ 3CM 120mm fans & 2 TT 140mm Fans Asus M4A785TD-V Evo Mobo AMD Athlon II X4 2.8Ghz 630 CPU w/ Xigmatek Dark Knight cooler 2x2GB Mushkin Silverline Enhanced 1333 PC 10666 Model#996768 ASUS 24x DVD-RW & DVD-RW w/ Lightscribe 2 WD Cav. BLK 1TB 7.2k RPM in Raid 0 HIS ATI Radeon HD 5670 w/ 512mb GDDR5 Ultra LSP 650w PSU
FaintDeftone
Level :
Posted:8/16/2010 11:13:00 AM # 5
I know it definitely isn't anything like that. I don't have anything sitting around my computer that I haven't had there before. Thanks for the suggestion though. It is weird though because sometimes I'll have no issues at all and sometimes it'll be really bad. This issue is REALLY bothering me. I just updated the last thing on my computer that wasn't updated with the newest driver and that was my chipset driver. Here is hoping that'll help.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.