Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > P5W DH Deluxe  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Sharing]Installing SSD & P5W DH Deluxe New Topic
shuffle
Level :
Tech Points : 40
Posted:8/9/2010 10:20:00 PM # 1
Hi, I'm buying a SSD at the end of the month. Has anyone else had experience installing a SSD on their P5W?
The steps I'm going to take are:  plug SSD into next available SATA port (having not removed old hard drive), update firmware. Then remove hard drive, plug SSD in its place, into SATA port 1. Next, go to BIOS, change IDE to ACHI. Then a clean install of Windows 7 again ...
Once I've installed the new SSD etc do I need to install any Intel chipset drivers? Or does Windows 7 contain all the latest SATA Intel drivers?
Any advice appreciated.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
P5W DH Deluxe, Q6700 @ 3GHZ, Windows 7x64, 4GB Corsair XMS2, ATI 5850 Vapor-X, Corsair H50.
agentbb007
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:10/13/2010 5:42:00 AM # 2
Shuffle did you ever install your SSD?  I have the P5W DH Deluxe as well and just purchased the 120 gig OCZ Vertex 2 SSD (OCZSSD2-2VTXE120G) and hope that it will work in my mobo.

I also purchased a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate because I've read having TRIM is important and from what I've read Vista doesn't have TRIM.

agentbb007
Level :
Posted:10/15/2010 11:03:00 PM # 3
Well I just got my Vertex 2 SSD and installed Windows 7.  Everything went totally smooth, the mobo recognized the SSD and Windows 7 installed with no problems.
If you don't have a SSD I HIGHLY recommend it, this is the biggest speed increase I have ever seen.  Everything loads lightning fast now, my HDD was definitely the bottleneck in my computer.

shuffle
Level :
Tech Points : 40
Posted:10/16/2010 1:03:00 AM # 4
Hello agentbb007 Good to hear your SSD experience. I fully intend on buying an SSD - like you either the OCZ Vertex 2e 120gb or the Intel G3 drives due hopefully soon. Have put off buying one, only as technology new and weighing options up, decisions decisions! Did you install any additional Intel ICH7R chipset drivers after Win 7 install? Just asking as not sure whether I need to or not

P5W DH Deluxe, Q6700 @ 3GHZ, Windows 7x64, 4GB Corsair XMS2, ATI 5850 Vapor-X, Corsair H50.
fastback
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:1/10/2011 3:22:00 PM # 5
hi agentbb007 hi i´ll installed this weekend also a ocz vertex2 ssd on the p5w dh board - on witch sata-board have you connected your ssd? have you updated some board/chipset drivers? do you have expierience with two addiononal sata-hdd´s and one additional sata-dvd?

bernd
Level :
Posted:2/10/2011 9:10:00 PM # 6
hi, i posted about my ssd problems on the p5w dh deluxe over here.
basically win7 can format, partition and install itself on the ssd, but hangs on the first startup.
it works on another computer, and it works with ubuntu 8.04.. so much for "ssd-optimized"..
i'm using the latest bios and chipset drivers.

if anyone here has an idea on how i could get this to work, please share.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.