ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Multimedia > O!Play HDP-R1  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Cover View New Topic
FMarkus
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:8/7/2010 8:07:00 AM # 1
Any chance to get a cover view via Firmware update for the HDP-R1?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Seabass
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 62
Posted:8/7/2010 8:14:00 AM # 2
FMarkus, I know exactly what you're talking about, I made that suggestion through the feedback link about a month ago ...a DVD Cover .jpg file to view instead of Movie preview & implement it much like an .srt subtitle file would be an awesome feature!, make the suggestion through feedback also... they're likely to listen more closely through that channel. ;-)

Let's all send them feedback on this feature idea! And what about firmware updates through LAN like Samsung Devices do. Grrrr... I got a long list. C'mon ASUS let me cross off some suggestions before I go insane
... :)

http://www.freecovers.net/

SNB
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 52
Posted:8/7/2010 5:23:00 PM # 3
would love to have that and it doesn't seem like a big stretch to implement.

ASUS P8P67PRO B3 | I5-2500 / AC Freezer 7 Pro v2 | 2x2GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1333MHz | EVGA 460 GTX | Corsair F60 / SSD | Corsair VX550W | Lancool K58 | Win7 Pro 64
Seabass
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 62
Posted:8/8/2010 12:45:00 AM # 4
It sure doesn't sound difficult to implement, but personally I wouldn't enjoy hunting down all the .jpg files manually, there IS a better way to automatically link the cover art... But I don't imagine ASUS will be adding that more efficient method anytime soon.  Sadly.

http://www.freecovers.net/

FMarkus
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:8/8/2010 6:36:00 PM # 5
Personally i don't care wich method Asus implemented, so long as they made it.

SNB
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 52
Posted:8/8/2010 6:50:00 PM # 6
i assume you're talking about a direct hook to e.g. imdb for the covers @Seabass.
i rather dont have it then. i want controll over the covers and i really would not want
to have it lag out due to downloading covers from the net.

ASUS P8P67PRO B3 | I5-2500 / AC Freezer 7 Pro v2 | 2x2GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1333MHz | EVGA 460 GTX | Corsair F60 / SSD | Corsair VX550W | Lancool K58 | Win7 Pro 64
FMarkus
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:8/10/2010 6:17:00 PM # 7
Today i saw the http://www.tvixie.com functionality for the WD Live player.
WOW! I'm very pleased with the HDP-R1 but this movie sheet view is so nice,
i think to send the HDP-R1 back and buy a WDTV.

So my question: Will we ever get some cover funcionality for the HDP-R1?

Oldie1944
Level :
Tech Points : 50
Posted:8/11/2010 3:52:00 AM # 8
I'm still opposed to the new attempt, to remove the movie preview window, like I was, when the request popped up last time - and I hope, I'm not alone. It saves me from greater trouble, when I re-encoded some clips or films on my PC. Of course they function there, so the truth ist the test on the player. And I'm much faster with taking a look at them in the preview window than actually starting the film on the TV. The film, that has a problem on the preview window, will also not be running full screen! Rgds.

FMarkus
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:8/15/2010 6:36:00 AM # 9
bye,bye...after days of sadness without cover view mode and a very suprising answer from tech support that this feature is not in planning so far we leave the asus community.
We have bought products from another company and what should i say..look at this:

http://yfrog.com/1xhardcandyavisheetj

megachirops
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:8/15/2010 2:43:00 PM # 10

Quote:
Author: Oldie1944 Posted: 8/11/2010 3:52:00 AM

I'm still opposed to the new attempt, to remove the movie preview window, like I was, when the request popped up last time - and I hope, I'm not alone.

Why does it have to be one or the other? Right now you have a setting for "Preview on/off". Why couldn't it just be an added "Display: Folder View/Cover View/Whatever View" or something similar. From what I've seen, all of the boxes that support cover art still support regular folder-type views as well. Personally I think it will be a record low winter in hell before Asus implements anything as asked for as Cover views, but there's no reason that would mean that previews had to go away.

1 2  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.