Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Graphic Card > 3DP-V264GT/Pro  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Driver not installing asus k52jc New Topic
Vince
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:7/17/2010 7:01:00 PM # 1
HI i am not impressed with this Notebook (k52jc) i have had it for 2 weeks and my nvidia optimus driver stopped working so i tryed to reinstall. (nvidia Gefore 310m) i try ed to install the *stock driver* on the machine but it just says nvidia cannot find find drivers that are compatible with your current hardware i tryed installing from your asus support site it gave me the same error i also tryed a version from nvidia and the same problem. i have spent at least 3 days daying to sort this out. i spent alot of money on this notebook , so why am i having this problem . i am seriously Not impressed P.s you do not have a place to submit a new topics on laptops you should look into that as i do not know where to submit my problem.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Clive
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:8/25/2010 5:13:00 AM # 2
I have the exact same problem. Not impressed either! I called Asus support in Jhb, and they do not know what to do, because the graphics card is so new. I also paid a lot of money for a notebook that is not working as it should.

CranK
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 4
Posted:9/1/2010 4:37:00 AM # 3
I also had the same problem! I also reïnstalled Windows as well, but that doesn't work. The problem with this notebook is that it doesn't switch to the NVidia-card while playing games (or something like that). Asus, please help us!! Someone else that can help us, would be the hero of the day:-) Thanks!! Greetings from the Netherlands...

YanG
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:9/2/2010 8:13:00 PM # 4
make it 4, i have the same problem too!!
I was thinking to call Asus service but since you guys said they do not know what to do, I give it up...Asus please help us!

CranK
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 4
Posted:9/4/2010 9:01:00 PM # 5
Since Asus is not aware of the problem maybe we should make Asus aware of it. I called Asus Holland and they told me to update the BIOS and if that wouldn't help, sending it back for investigation.

So please don't give up!

Kyle
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:9/7/2010 3:53:00 AM # 6
I am having the same problem with my Asus K52JC. Namely, Windows doesn't seem to recognise my Geforce 310M. As we know, the OS is supposed to switch between the Intel and NVIDIA cards on the fly. However, why then can't I install new NVIDIA drivers? Whenever I try, the NVIDIA driver setup says that it can't detect any compatible hardware installed. I have tried installing with the following driver packs: 1. NVIDIA GeForceION v258.96 64-bit 2. NVIDIA Optimus Drivers v189.79 x64 I have also tried updating my BIOS, but I already have the latest BIOS version installed (version 206). When I look under DXDIAG, it only displays the Intel graphics card. If I go to my Device Manager, I can see that both cards are enabled and seem to be working fine (no yellow warning sign on either). If I disable the Intel card, Windows reverts to a low resolution and colour setting. Even after a restart, Windows does not default to the NVIDIA card. How do I get my Geforce 310M working? If it is working, how can I tell? And, if it is working, why can't I update the display drivers? Looking forward to an answer from someone at Asus soon since this is obviously not an isolated issue. Thanks

Kyle
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:9/7/2010 4:12:00 AM # 7
I see that there are multiple threads devoted to this topic, none of which have an answer from an Asus representative yet, for example: [Problem]i couldn't get my Geforce 310M run http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20100831115854808&board_id=9&model=Utility&page=1&SLanguage=en-us [Problem]asus k52jc-x2 http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20100816102350859&board_id=9&model=AGP-V2740&page=1&SLanguage=en-us [Problem]Dxdiag shows intel graphics... http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?board_id=9&model=3DP-V264GT%2FPro&id=20100824224638875&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

Kyle
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:9/10/2010 5:25:00 AM # 8
*PROBLEM SOLVED* (at least for me) I contacted Asus support in South Africa and got through to a very helpful technician named Alan. Alan forwarded my issue on to Asus global support who suggested I download the NVIDIA drivers from this very site (support.asus.com) rather than the generic drivers from the NVIDIA site. So, I installed the Asus NVIDIA drivers from the Asus site. After that, I had the NVIDIA display control panel appearing in my system tray. Opening this, I changed my default graphics card from the Intel Integrated card to the NVIDIA 310M. I am now receiving much better in-game performance. To summarise, I did the following: 1. Install NVIDIA drivers from Asus site (support.asus.com) and NOT from NVIDIA site 2. Open NVIDIA display control panel 3. Select NVIDIA card as default graphics card INSTEAD of Intel Integrated card Good luck!

YanG
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:9/11/2010 2:50:00 PM # 9

Quote:
Author: Kyle Posted: 9/10/2010 5:25:00 AM

*PROBLEM SOLVED* (at least for me) I contacted Asus support in South Africa and got through to a very helpful technician named Alan. Alan forwarded my issue on to Asus global support who suggested I download the NVIDIA drivers from this very site (support.asus.com) rather than the generic drivers from the NVIDIA site. So, I installed the Asus NVIDIA drivers from the Asus site. After that, I had the NVIDIA display control panel appearing in my system tray. Opening this, I changed my default graphics card from the Intel Integrated card to the NVIDIA 310M. I am now receiving much better in-game performance. To summarise, I did the following: 1. Install NVIDIA drivers from Asus site (support.asus.com) and NOT from NVIDIA site 2. Open NVIDIA display control panel 3. Select NVIDIA card as default graphics card INSTEAD of Intel Integrated card Good luck!

Can u explain in more detailed? I downloaded and installed the NVIDIA drivers (Version V8.17.12.5741 ). Inside the NVIDIA control panel,I only have 3D settings and Video,  I can't find where to set the NVIDIA as default graphics card....

dilopez
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 5
Posted:9/15/2010 6:31:00 AM # 10
Kyle did you actually see the G310M on dxdiag?

I found some app (OptimusTools) to check if Nvidia GPU is working and as soon as you trigger you tube video it does.  But on COD5 I get punkbuster kicks because of multiple direct3d devices.

Do anyone of you got any way to turn off Intel GPU at will?
I tried uninstalling but get the same low res as you stated above
TY

1 2 3  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.