Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Rampage 3 Extreme RAM Configuration New Topic
Amrit
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:7/12/2010 6:28:00 PM # 1
hi everyone,

i was wondering if someone could help me out.

i have Corsair DOMINATOR-GT 2000MHz (CMT6GX3M3A2000C8) CAS 8-9-8-24. Yesterday i downloaded CPUID and i shows my current ram is Runing at 667Mhz at CAS 8-9-8-24.

Can anyone please help me out to optimise the ram performance to its maximum level?

thank you,
Amrit

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
MichaelQJ
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 53
Posted:7/13/2010 10:48:00 AM # 2
Hey, There is one easy way to do that, boot to your BIOS set up. In the section "Extreme Tweaker", look for "Ai overclocker Tuner", change its value to "XMP", save and exit. Note: your computer may be shut up at this time, don't worry about it, go to cut the power of your power supply and then re-power it again, you will be able to re-start your computer now(if your computer did not shut up after you save the setting, DO NOT do this.) OK! enjoy your 2000 RAM

CPU: Intel 980x SUPPER TURBO BOOST B1***RAM: G.Skill 12BG DDRIII 2000MhzCL9***HardDisk: two SATAIII C300 SSD in RAID0***Graphic: SAPPHIRE TOXIC RADEON 5970 4GB DDR5***Mainboard: Asus RampageIII extreme***PhysX: MSI Nvidia GTX480 datecated to PhysX computation ***Display: Gateway 30'HD 2560*1600 monitor$$$
Yellowbeard
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 196
Posted:7/14/2010 3:20:00 AM # 3
Excellent suggestion IMO.
Quote:
Author: MichaelQJ Posted: 7/13/2010 10:48:00 AM

Hey, There is one easy way to do that, boot to your BIOS set up. In the section "Extreme Tweaker", look for "Ai overclocker Tuner", change its value to "XMP", save and exit. Note: your computer may be shut up at this time, don't worry about it, go to cut the power of your power supply and then re-power it again, you will be able to re-start your computer now(if your computer did not shut up after you save the setting, DO NOT do this.) OK! enjoy your 2000 RAM

Amrit, please let us know if this works for you. Typically the ASUS implementation of XMP is very good.

Corsair Technical Support Artist
Ali
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 52
Posted:7/14/2010 4:25:00 AM # 4
Can someone please check their Bios and see if the actual ICH PCIE Voltage is being shown and not only the adjustment for the voltage? Thanks much :)

Samuels
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 11
Posted:7/14/2010 4:32:00 AM # 5
Yellowbeard said: 'Amrit, please let us know if this works for you. Typically the ASUS implementation of XMP is very good."

I'd just like to second this, from my limited experience (one ASUS motherboard, one set of Corsair RAM). Selecting XMP worked great for me - it loaded the quoted XMP specs for my memory ( see sig) and ran them just fine. 

Larry

Rampage III Extreme | i7 930 | Corsair CMX6GX3M3C1600C7 6GB | 800D case plus H50 cooler | OCZ Agility 2 120 GB | Corsair HX1000W
MichaelQJ
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:7/14/2010 11:44:00 AM # 6
Actually, XMP is not the best choice. Because it disable the turbo boost technology. However, if you are extreme over-clocker please ignore this. But for that normal people, there is a better choice; that is set the "Ai overclock Tuner" to manual, you will be able to reference speed below, for the case DDRIII2000, you can change 133 to 143; you will be able to adjust the DRAM speed to 2006 Mhz. In this case, you keep the turbo boost technology and memory speed. Please disable turbo power limit, your CPU (it is the case of intel 980x) will can hit 3.88-4.2Ghz when turbo boost is actived. When the CPU is idle, it will running on around 1.6Ghz. This scheme can give a nice performance and also can give your CPU a long lifespan. (you can install intel turbo boost monitor to see this, be sure enable the CPU option in BIOS to let it can set idle state, and DO NOT forget to adjust the Memory voltage and timing in your BIOS since the XMP option is offline). To enjoy this, I suggest you plug in both CPU power connector in your main board to keep the range of turbo boost. In the extreme case, it can hit 4.2Ghz automatically. (I saw this when I used a stability burnIn software.) By the way, it is very stable with my 980x stock air cooling. But if you want set a very high multiplier, please ignore this.

CPU: Intel 980x SUPPER TURBO BOOST B1***RAM: G.Skill 12BG DDRIII 2000MhzCL9***HardDisk: two SATAIII C300 SSD in RAID0***Graphic: SAPPHIRE TOXIC RADEON 5970 4GB DDR5***Mainboard: Asus RampageIII extreme***PhysX: MSI Nvidia GTX480 datecated to PhysX computation ***Display: Gateway 30'HD 2560*1600 monitor$$$
MichaelQJ
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:7/14/2010 11:48:00 AM # 7

Quote:
Author: Ali Posted: 7/14/2010 4:25:00 AM

Can someone please check their Bios and see if the actual ICH PCIE Voltage is being shown and not only the adjustment for the voltage? Thanks much :)

What exactly you want to ask? I don't really understand here

MichaelQJ
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:7/14/2010 12:23:00 PM # 8
Well, Did I miss something here? I just saw mine, I got actual reading there. It should shows a number before the adjustment option, that number is actual reading.

HHC
Administrator
Level :
Tech Points : 9939
Posted:7/14/2010 12:12:00 PM # 9

Quote:
Author: MichaelQJ Posted: 7/14/2010 11:48:00 AM

Quote:
Author: Ali Posted: 7/14/2010 4:25:00 AM

What exactly you want to ask? I don't really understand here

He is talking about the existance of an option named "ICH PCIE Voltage" where is only allow you to set the voltage without any ways to check the actual reading.  I've checked with my Asus contact, and can confirm that's how the board was designed in the first place, meaning that his board should be fine.

本討論區中並沒有華碩客服人員進駐,若您在討論區無法找到適切的答案,或是希望直接與華碩工程師對話時,請透過技術支援表單詢問。網址:http://vip.asus.com/eservice/techserv.aspx
華碩「筆記型電腦」與「EEE PC」的使用者也可以透過線上即時交流系統(目前為測試中)與華碩工程師線上即時交流。網址:http://vip.asus.com/im_tw/imLogin.aspx
服務時間:週一至週五(09:00 - 18:00)
HHC
Administrator
Level :
Tech Points : 9939
Posted:7/14/2010 1:36:00 PM # 10

Quote:
Author: MichaelQJ Posted: 7/14/2010 12:23:00 PM

Well, Did I miss something here? I just saw mine, I got actual reading there. It should shows a number before the adjustment option, that number is actual reading.

Check if we are talking about the same item.
The display of "IOH PCIE Voltage" is available, while the "ICH PCIE Voltage" is not.

本討論區中並沒有華碩客服人員進駐,若您在討論區無法找到適切的答案,或是希望直接與華碩工程師對話時,請透過技術支援表單詢問。網址:http://vip.asus.com/eservice/techserv.aspx
華碩「筆記型電腦」與「EEE PC」的使用者也可以透過線上即時交流系統(目前為測試中)與華碩工程師線上即時交流。網址:http://vip.asus.com/im_tw/imLogin.aspx
服務時間:週一至週五(09:00 - 18:00)
1 2  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.