ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > P6X58D Premium  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]P6X58D Premium VIN1, VIN6 New Topic
furnell
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:7/1/2010 8:49:00 AM # 1
Hi,
 Any idea what the 2 voltages i see on CPUID HWMONITOR are, I have a Vin1 at 1.71v and a Vin6 at 1.12

its on the p6x58d premium.

Not a biggie but i would like to know what they are related too as in the bios there is nothing close except maybe 1.12 being ich or ioh at 1.1v coming in a little higher

thanks.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Walsterdoomit
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:12/25/2010 3:52:00 AM # 2
Asus support forums are second to none arent they? I have been trying to find this out for months. Either noone cares, or it is absolutely TOP SECRET. I wish I COULD help you. I for one, will not hold my breath, on this answer.

HeeeeeellllOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?!!!!!!!

Asus motherboard user for 10 years.
Walt

David
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 183
Posted:12/25/2010 10:05:00 AM # 3
Maybe this is a question for the developer of HWmonitor, it is not a normal measurement for other monitors such as AIDA64.

I suspect vin6 is the northbridge volt and vin1 could be memory, as neither of these voltages vary or fluctate they are from a static location not under load.

David

ASUS P6X58D PREMIUM LGA1366 X58: Intel i7 960: 12Gb Corsair TR3X3G1600C8D 1600MHz 8-8-8-24-2T: Intel 160Gb SSD Gen2: 2 x 750Gb Seagate @7200rpm: 2 x MSI Cyclone GTX460 1GB OC 840/3800: COOLERMASTER STORM SNIPER BLACK: Corsair H70: Corsair HX1000w: Windows7 Pro X64
kzinti1
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 7
Posted:1/6/2011 6:54:00 AM # 4

Quote:
Author: David Posted: 12/25/2010 10:05:00 AM

Maybe this is a question for the developer of HWmonitor, it is not a normal measurement for other monitors such as AIDA64.

I suspect vin6 is the northbridge volt and vin1 could be memory, as neither of these voltages vary or fluctate they are from a static location not under load.

David
Interesting, know nothing response.
Now, how about someone from ASUS answer the OP?

Pete
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 245
Posted:1/6/2011 7:40:00 AM # 5
This is a user forum - if you want answers from Asus you need to contact them directly.   The posters here - including the moderators - are just other Asus users.

Having said that; it's not up to Asus to determine what the programmer of a third-party app has done.  Those values could be totally meaningless - just a number based on some other number derived from a value somewhere in the hardware that may not even be a voltage.  All that sort of app can do is peek a value at a certain location.  If the location is out by one binary digit, the value reported will be meaningless.  On top of that, the numbers reported by the motherboard are not "values" as such  - the app has to perform calculations to convert the value into meaningful numbers - in the same way that Windows actually only counts seconds so the "time" shown on the clock is calculated after obtaining a long and seemingly random number from the system - so you need to be wary of taking their output on trust.  At the very least, try a couple of similar apps to see if they agree - that's no guarantee but it should eliminate any meaningless values.

After all that, the simple answer...

If you want to check if the values refer to - for example - the ICH, why not just change the value in your own BIOS and see if the value in CPUID changes?

David
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 183
Posted:1/6/2011 8:27:00 AM # 6
Pete answered your comment better than I could, I would have just been down right rude to your comment, so why don't you ............ email ASUS support or go and bother the developer of the app that you can't understand where the readings are derived from.

David.

Quote:
Author: kzinti1 Posted: 1/6/2011 6:54:00 AM

Quote:
Author: David Posted: 12/25/2010 10:05:00 AM

David
Interesting, know nothing response.
Now, how about someone from ASUS answer the OP?

ASUS P6X58D PREMIUM LGA1366 X58: Intel i7 960: 12Gb Corsair TR3X3G1600C8D 1600MHz 8-8-8-24-2T: Intel 160Gb SSD Gen2: 2 x 750Gb Seagate @7200rpm: 2 x MSI Cyclone GTX460 1GB OC 840/3800: COOLERMASTER STORM SNIPER BLACK: Corsair H70: Corsair HX1000w: Windows7 Pro X64
Walsterdoomit
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:1/10/2011 3:43:00 AM # 7
Wow, I thought I was harsh! Well, 2 quick points. Although David was kind enough to actually answer, he was a little bit off in his answer. The P6T motherboard series is an i7 series, and as such, does not have "a northbridge". So, he probably means the QPI. And, the part that makes me think his answer is in fact NOT a no nothing response, is this part  "neither of these voltages vary or fluctuate they are from a static location not under load".
You need to actually be smart enough to understand that, for such a rotten reply.
I understand, all to well, your frustration. Several things about this BIOS still have me scratching my head. Those 2 voltages still bother the hell out of me. I HAVE tried to alter several voltages in the BIOS. It seems that indeed the Vin6 voltage is the QPI. The problem is, that the voltages are not the same. I set the QPI the the next step above auto, I think it was 1.26, and Vin 6 shows  1.89. I set the QPI around 1.35, and its shows 2.01.  SO, I cannot conclude with any certainty, that this is fact the QPI, or, a related voltage set by the motherboard, or if it is just reporting incorrectly.

Vin1 is almost certainly DRAM, except again, the voltages dont match. If I set my DRAM to 1.66, it shows 1.71 for VIN 1.

My NEXT mission with this BIOS is to find out how to set DRAM round trip latency. There is an option to ADVANCE them, but not manually set them per Mushkin, IE: 59 60 70 , etc. I cant seem to find this answer either.

So, thank you for your fine input David, and thanks to the rest of  you for your replies. Shame on you kzinti1 for your rotten comment. You suck.

Thanks also for the heads up on
AIDA64. I never used it before.

Best wishes,
Walt

Edit: Just to clarify, I have the P6T  version, not the P6X58D. So, my voltages may not be the same. My CPU is the 930.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.