Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Sharing]_* Best Motherboard for Music Production???*_ New Topic
Evil Genius
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:6/20/2010 5:29:00 AM # 1
Hi There I am on the search for a motherboard that will give me the tightest timing(Midi Timing). Its suggested that the: Time Get time (TGT) clock, and the Query Performance counter (QPC) clock go out of sync on some motherboards while there are some that keep them totally in sync. Currently i use a P5B deluxe and am constantly having timing problems when recording midi. To anyone's knowledge what is the best or most recommended ASUS motherboard for music production? thanks

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Evil Genius
Level :
Posted:6/21/2010 5:26:00 AM # 2
Are there atleast any suggestions, anyone experience good timing from a specific setup?

Wiesshund
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:6/21/2010 10:10:00 AM # 3
Possibly not alot of other musicians here.

my midi is limited to working with my drum brains (alesis dmPro 2.0) but if you want to post your equipment setup and software you are using i can see what info i can come up with.

Evil Genius
Level :
Posted:6/22/2010 1:48:00 AM # 4
yeah i figured there wouldn't be that many computer musicians. currently i'm using: Asus P5B Deluxe (with wifi) Intel Pentium D (dual core 3.4Ghz) 3 Ghz Ram Alesis Multimix 16 Firewire (acts as soundcard) Korg M3 Usb Midi (this is currently my midi input keyboard which has its own USB midi driver) M-audio Midisport 2x2 (This is my second midi interface) Cubase 5 (Sequencing software) Windows XP Pro SP3 The problem i'm facing is that midi recorded using either the M3 or the Midisport is always shifted slightly ahead in timing. even when notes are looped back and recorded. if i can rectify the problem i'll stay with the board however i'm also open to upgrades

HENRIK
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:7/23/2010 11:04:00 AM # 5
spotify ripping-Of course you can record Spotify music streaming. using spotify ripper can get spotify musice to your computer easily. it records from your sound card and the output quality is perfect like the original.
How to rip Spotify music

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: Ulrich New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.