Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]EZ_PLUG of RAMPAGE III EXTREME New Topic
MichaelQJ
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 53
Posted:6/12/2010 7:56:00 AM # 1
Hi there,

I have a question about the EZ_PLUG connector of my RAMPAGE III EXTREME. Do I have to plug in these two connector? Because the position of EZ_PLUG 2 is very odd, I mean my power supply is in the bottom of case, so it will block the EZ_PLUG 2.

I am currently useing two video card, but I do not use these two connector so far. I just want to know if I plug in those two, may I have any improvement?

I also have a suggestion, the direstion of  EZ_PLUG 2 is really bad, as my case, my power supply is in the bottom, and its direction is facing the power supply, so it will be blocked.

Thank you so much for your help! 

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
CPU: Intel 980x SUPPER TURBO BOOST B1***RAM: G.Skill 12BG DDRIII 2000MhzCL9***HardDisk: two SATAIII C300 SSD in RAID0***Graphic: SAPPHIRE TOXIC RADEON 5970 4GB DDR5***Mainboard: Asus RampageIII extreme***PhysX: MSI Nvidia GTX480 datecated to PhysX computation ***Display: Gateway 30'HD 2560*1600 monitor$$$
Ulrich
Level :
Tech Points : 18146
Posted:6/12/2010 11:04:00 PM # 2
Hi M..

If your system is working properly without the EZ Plug connections, then you don't need them..  They provide a little more ampacity to the onboard power circuitry.   

You mention improvement.... do you think that the performance of your system is sub par..?

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
MichaelQJ
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:6/16/2010 5:17:00 PM # 3
Hey~ Thank you so much for your reply. I am currently running very well without those two connector. My system is ok, I just thought I would get more power to graphic card if I plugged in those two connector. Thanks

CPU: Intel 980x SUPPER TURBO BOOST B1***RAM: G.Skill 12BG DDRIII 2000MhzCL9***HardDisk: two SATAIII C300 SSD in RAID0***Graphic: SAPPHIRE TOXIC RADEON 5970 4GB DDR5***Mainboard: Asus RampageIII extreme***PhysX: MSI Nvidia GTX480 datecated to PhysX computation ***Display: Gateway 30'HD 2560*1600 monitor$$$
MichaelQJ
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:6/17/2010 7:47:00 AM # 4
Any office people here? I need a office statement about those two connector. Are they necessary ?

KILLER_K
Level :
Tech Points : 340
Posted:7/3/2010 3:12:00 AM # 5
It will be fine without populating both plugs. It is for more/less overclocking to keep a constant voltage for extreme runs, etc. You can use it or choose not to use it. But if you have both plugs go ahead and use it.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.